Refurbing Wheels, But What Color

tripdiesel

Leon Cupra R 225
Mar 21, 2009
Isle of Wight
Im going to do a refurb on my LCR wheels, the car is black but not sure on what colour to go for, does anyone have any pics or black leons with standard wheels in different colours.

there is no damage to my current wheels it is just a case of sand down and respray.

drue1

May 27, 2009
kent
im in the same boat fella im a powder coater so i can spray what ever colour :lol::lol::lol:ive still got orange wheels on my mind.met dark grey will look nice
white but hard to keep clean.black for the stelth look:D

Feb 8, 2008
Essex
im in the same boat fella im a powder coater so i can spray what ever colour :lol::lol::lol:ive still got orange wheels on my mind.met dark grey will look nice
white but hard to keep clean.black for the stelth look:D

How much do you usually charge for powder coating a set of LCR alloys. I would like mine to be a light silver like the focus ST.

GREG_R84

Keep right on
Oct 3, 2007
Tamworth
Iv got mine booked in for the 10th august. Having them black with a red rim. I'll post some before and after pics when there done

Hobbiniho

Jan 17, 2009
shetland/ Aberdeen
iv just dropped my fr alloys off at my local powder coaters and im getting them done in bright green, almost kawasaki green but not quite, i think they will look good on my black car, white and black has been done to death and i wanted to be different

Cunners

Jan 19, 2007
Connah's Quay, nr Chester
Sorry for asking some noob questions but was wondering how the powder coating process differs from the normal primer paint laquer way. Also what do you mean when you say diamond cut? I only ask i want my front calipers refurbing but thinkin of going blue, Have been told to powder coat them so would like to understand what this means :)
Cheers.

foxes

Feb 7, 2005
Bang In The Middle.
powder coat is a lot tougher than paint, it comes in a powder form and is attatched to the alloys elctrostatically then they are baked in an oven

Well i just got my alloys refurbed recently. They were powdercoated but after 5months the top coat is chipped in some places, around the wheel nuts as it had some pads fitted.

surely the paint finish cant be that thin as underneath its like white. Maybe the paint not had many layers but just hitting the paint with the nuts shouldnt chip it away?

BTW its silver with sparkle finish

DJ-LIAMC

VAGisclean
May 31, 2009
Loughborough
Hi Mines are just Powdercoated black similar to car colour But i prefer white!
picture.php

picture.php

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
I was thinking about the red rim for mine. Is it do-able tho as the spokes run over the rim if you know what I mean.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.