Remap help

BEOWULF

I am BEOWULF !!!
Mar 18, 2006
I AM IN FRONT OF YOU
Had my car remapped about 2 months ago since then been havening problems with limp mode.
Things what i have done to fix this include
new vac hoses silicon
new silicon boost hose's
new maf
new map sensor
new n75 valve
new 007 forge dv
new diverter (pvc) valve the black pluck looking valve on the tip
n249 by pass
new spark plugs
It only does it in the morning when the engine is cold. Now been reading up on this and found this
We have been updated with many emails from 1.8T 20v owners which have Golf, Seat & Skoda VRS with the AUM and AUQ engine codes. They have reported issues of there remaps from other tuners causing boost surge and 17705 limp mode / fault codes.
The fault IS based in the OEM mapping and once remapped the fault is highlighted and becomes a really anoying issues when trying to drive the car in a smooth linear style. It took us close on 7 months to produce a map code which was was happy to sell and provide to our customers, this is reflected in our feedback since 2005

We have known about these surge issues since 2004 when we started our development on out Gen3 map code for the later AUM/AUQ map software.
We spent the whole summer in 2005 on out own Skoda 180 AUM VRS mapping out the fault code, the end result was a unique one off custom map ccode unique to the ****** gen4 5 and gen6 custom and generic mapping code.

All ****** AUM AUQ maps have had the anit surge mapping code loaded since late 2005, which has provied all of our customers with one of the BEST developed 1.8T remaps in europe. Linear throttle control, smooth boost, no 17705 fault codes related to the map code. We have over 3000 very happy customers running the ****** Gen codes and have had many many 10000s of miles of faultless fun.

If your car is already spec1 mapped by another tuner we can provide the map patch for £150 all inc.
If your going from stock to spec1 then the ****** gen6 remap will be £200, which includes rolling road session.

All of our spec2 and custom remap will also be based around the ****** Gen6 code.

do u think this could be my problem

Last edited:

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
Get them to flash back to standard, and a refund.

When a car gets mapped it should be thoroughly checked, if anything flags up then it should not be done. What lead u to replace the bits you have?

BEOWULF

I am BEOWULF !!!
Mar 18, 2006
I AM IN FRONT OF YOU
Get them to flash back to standard, and a refund.

When a car gets mapped it should be thoroughly checked, if anything flags up then it should not be done. What lead u to replace the bits you have?
i got the 17705 code which a boost leak check dv or clean and reline throttle body which i have done
so i replaced what would cause the problem
replaced one part at a time drove the car for a few days to see if the part i replaced fixed the problem

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
If you have vagcom, log blocks 002 maf 115 boost 020 correction factors.

These are handy for us to look at. Also a boost leak test will help you.

What dump valve do you have fitted?

BEOWULF

I am BEOWULF !!!
Mar 18, 2006
I AM IN FRONT OF YOU
If you have vagcom, log blocks 002 maf 115 boost 020 correction factors.

These are handy for us to look at. Also a boost leak test will help you.

What dump valve do you have fitted?

i have fitted a forge 007
do not have vag.com(i have a snapon mt2500 code reader)
but i have done a boost leak test

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
I know all about this issue and the fault is down to a factory software issue which is emphasised by the map.

The standard software has an issue with the IATs and shits itself when the exterior temp is around 2-8 degrees.

The mapper will deny it, my advice - get a remap from someone who is familiar with this issue and knows how to patch it/produces better bespoke software like Revo, badger5 etc

littco

Very simple fix, 1 map needs adjusting. Any decent tuner could do it..

robstevens

Cheers for your replys i shall look into getting a patch for the map then

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members