remaped and turned off? (LIMP MODE?) UPDATE 2

Shings

Right

My car has induction kit, forge 007p recirc and miltek exhaust with sports cat fitted.

It runs about 5 or so PSI no more.

It also idles high at 1500rpm- whihc I am still investigating.. maybe iscv?

IF my car has been remapped and it turned off- how do I find out and how do I turn it back on???

jake

Last edited by a moderator:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
If your car is only running 5 PSI then your running on 'limp mode', try searching for this in search function, there might be points similar to what you are experiencing.
Your standard car should be running approx 9-11PSI so there is definately a problem somewhere

Shings

Right

Done a search- sounds like it could be in limp mode.. Gonna attempt to reset the battery and the throttle body.

Other than that I have no idea.

Driving wise the car drives fine its just not particularly quick and boosts to 5psi.
No misfires etc.

Any ideas?

PLEASE NOTE I AM NEW TO VAG CAR SO PLEASE EXPLAIN ANY SPECIFIC TECH TERMS lol

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
Try the reset and then take it from there - until you've tried that there's no point speculating about what else might be worth trying

Shings

I totally agree..

its worth noting, I have had the car from a garage and its been sat a few months, the assumption was that its not chipped and I have been running it on "normal petrol"

I will fill up with super before I reset it this afternoon.

Jake

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I would only change one thing at once, if I were you - try resetting, if brings it out of limp mode, but then it drops back into limp mode later, try resetting and changing fuel.

You'd be best getting someone with vag-com to have a look for fault codes. As you're trying to find out if it's been remapped (which I would guess is likely considering the mods it has) I'd suggest ringing a few performance shops, starting with Revo dealers (if it were me).

TBH, if it's remapped or not, Limp Mode is the same, so the map might not be turned off and resetting it might brring it out of limp mode and back into full remapped boost.

Shings

Good advice..

Just so I am clear- can you tell me what would be achieved by ringing Revo dealers?
(sorry I am new to all this VAG stuff)

Anyone know anywhere etc in Birmingham with VAG COM?

Jake

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Nothing by ringing them, but if you rang them and spoke about the possibility of calling in, they could look for error codes and could tell you if it was remapped.

If it is Revo'd they could tell you that it is, if it's rempped by someone else, they probably can't tell you who, just that it is remapped. Good Luck.

You might have to bung them £25 for their time, unless of course you've looking for a helpful place to service your car in future ;)

Shings

I understand, paying is fine I just need to know whats going on so I can get it fixed.

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
worth bearing in mind that 5 PSI is what the wastegate is set to so it might not be limp mode, could be faulty n75 or fitted incorrectly

Shings

RIght...

I have reset on normal fuel. NO CHANGE

I have driven the tank dry and a bit longer and stuck in £30 of super duper.
RESET NO CHANGE.

I have found a place with VAGCOM in Leamington that I am gonna go to... recomended by my mate at GSF.

No where else could fit me in for a week+

BIG LAD- thanks for the offer... bit late now lol... think I am just gonna buy one myself for future lol.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT AN N75 VALVE IS??? LOL

Jake

Shings

UPDATE 2

Right been and had the VAGCOM done .. the guy said the first code is unusual.

Codes are P1670 Throttle deviation.. apparently the pedal is 0.2 and throttle 0.6 so there is a mis match which has meant its in limp mode.

Also P0120 Boast control sporadic which is related apparently??

Seat want £291.02 for the throttle as apparently its all one piece.

The dealer I got the car from has it booked in for monday- they're going to attempt to repair first and will replace the part if neccesary.

But I am gettign somewhere..

Anyone got any comments on the above?

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
UPDATE 2

Right been and had the VAGCOM done .. the guy said the first code is unusual.

Codes are P1670 Throttle deviation.. apparently the pedal is 0.2 and throttle 0.6 so there is a mis match which has meant its in limp mode.

Also P0120 Boast control sporadic which is related apparently??

Seat want £291.02 for the throttle as apparently its all one piece.

The dealer I got the car from has it booked in for monday- they're going to attempt to repair first and will replace the part if neccesary.

But I am gettign somewhere..

Anyone got any comments on the above?

I had similar situation (5 psi) after I put my Induction kit on, and it was all down to me forgetting to plug the power back into the N75 valve.

The N75 is in the red box on the pic below, and you can see the plug I forgot to re-connect (connected in this pic)

You'll have to remove the engine cover and it will be up next to your DV just near the pipe from your air box / induction kit.

Might be worth checking thats ok...

oldoneonob8.jpg

Shings

Checked that.. disconnected it and re connected it to make sure..

Seems good.

I have tried a re set again and made sure I left the ignition on, on stage 1 for 2mins plus.

It seems like when you do this then start the engine it does as expected.

Fires
Revs climb as engine starts
Drop to a sensible level about 1150- cold start
Then they drop a bit further and slowly climbs back up to 1400-1500rpm.

Throttle seems a likely cause then.

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent

Seems good.

I have tried a re set again and made sure I left the ignition on, on stage 1 for 2mins plus.

Fires

I tried me best ;)
Hope the trip to dealer spreads some light on the matter for you!
Sorry I couldn't help further.

Shings

No probs..

The guys I got it from where very helpfull to be honest.. I have never got a car from a stealer before- much prefer the chase of kicking somone in the teeth on price PMSL.. so was quite suprised how helpfull they were.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy

Seems good.

Fires

Try to get some power logs, see what what plus have you done a trttole body reset via vag?