remapped 110 vs standard 150

djcTDi

Dec 15, 2004
London, UK
just wondering... is a remapped 110 faster than/as fast as a standard 150?

Even after the remap the bhp and torque are still less than the standard 150 but the reviews from owners who have done it seem to suggest it becomes really fast... does the remap make it more agressive?

If the remapped 110 is actually still slower than the standard 150 then a remapped 150 must be awesome :-o

orangesprout

Cheeky !!
Apr 10, 2003
Dodge City, North East
Visit site
djcTDi said:
just wondering... is a remapped 110 faster than/as fast as a standard 150?

Even after the remap the bhp and torque are still less than the standard 150 but the reviews from owners who have done it seem to suggest it becomes really fast... does the remap make it more agressive?

If the remapped 110 is actually still slower than the standard 150 then a remapped 150 must be awesome :-o

i had a re-mapped 110 ibiza - it was super quick and no turbo lag. But it did lack guts futher up rev range.

So initially you would have the edge but when all that grunt kicks in you'd struggle.

A16NS V

Don't tell my boss
May 2, 2005
Middle-lands
Not the same car I know but I have come from an 02 Revoed 130TDI Audi A4.
They claim an additional 40ish bhp and it gave lots of mid range strength in the power delivery.

Heavier car and 16inch wheels meant wheel spin in 1st 2nd and chirping in 3rd was not unheard of.

My take on the standard 150 FR is that it responds to putting the power out slower but it keeps up longer. This means that cruising in 5th doing 70-80 on the motorway in the A4 responded quicker and felt quicker. But in a straight line using the gears and accelerating hard the FR feels more sprightly and when you look at the speedo it looks like it's going just as quick.

It also has a two stage kick in power first when the turbo licks in but then there's another percievable shove at 3250-3500rpm.....which is nice:D

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
I think that word 'aggressive' sums it up aptly.
In standard form the PD diesels are tuned to be user friendly so Granny can drive it quite happily as well as her young boy racer grandchilden.
Once the rather limp feeling standard 110 has been subjected to a bit of ECU modification the aggressiveness is then unleashed in a mighty wallop at about 2000rpm and like the others say, it doesn't last very far up the rev range compared to the standard 150 but certainly feels like a fast car in it's own right. The gearbox will also make the cars feel somewhat different to drive too.

djcTDi

Dec 15, 2004
London, UK
BeezerDiesel said:
I think that word 'aggressive' sums it up aptly.
In standard form the PD diesels are tuned to be user friendly so Granny can drive it quite happily as well as her young boy racer grandchilden.
Once the rather limp feeling standard 110 has been subjected to a bit of ECU modification the aggressiveness is then unleashed in a mighty wallop at about 2000rpm and like the others say, it doesn't last very far up the rev range compared to the standard 150 but certainly feels like a fast car in it's own right. The gearbox will also make the cars feel somewhat different to drive too.

nicely answered...

thats what i was thinking - it wouldnt actually be faster but the new aggressive programme for the ecu would make it feel faster than the user friendly, sensible map on the standard ecu

so if i get my 110 remapped i wont be disappointed when i eventually upgrade to a cupra tdi as it is still faster

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
djcTDi said:
nicely answered...

Why thank you! :redface:

Seriously though, you wouldn't regret hanging on to your 110 for a while once re-mapped, and as you say, can upgrade to a better spec TDI in time and reap the considerable benefits of re-mapping that too which will take you up into the big league!

Gleistung

Jan 30, 2003
Lisbon - PT
Visit site
Real world experience: my ex-Ibiza GT TDI110 with a smokey tb attached (133bhp on the rollers) was very even accelerating with a mate's stock Golf TDI150 (163bhp on the rollers) up to ~100mph. After that, the Golf just easly pulled away.

Of course the beezer (TDI110) is lighter and significantly faster that a Leon TDI110, so...

ando

Mar 25, 2005
homepage.eircom.net
BeezerDiesel said:
Seriously though, you wouldn't regret hanging on to your 110 for a while once re-mapped

I agree :D I gave a X Type Jag a fright yesterday in a dragrace, in my remapped 110. I couldn't gain on him but I wasnt loosing any distance either, I stopped accelerating at about 85 though. I was pretty happy after that :)

brad1

a16snv, i had a remapped 110tdi, and with it mapped did 1/4 mile in 16.087 my first time and you did it in 16.15 etc, so my 110 was mapped was faster lol. but i know i could of got into the 15's with a second attempt and better conditions ;)

ps, i know this is a very old thread lol

T. Spark

O.L.D. T.H.R.E.A.D. A.L.E.R.T !!!!!!!11one

P.S. I know you said it was a old thread ;)