Remove fine chip/scratch from windscreen.

Cal91

1.4 Powerrr
So I have some very minor chips on my windscreen from a stone. It's 3 very small chips.

I have been to AutoGlass and they said it's too fine to repair.

So how would I repair this?
Would a glass polishing kit work?

Last edited:
^^ Awesome write-up.

Was planning on taking the rotary with just normal glass polish to the Ibiza this weekend! With 80k miles on the clock it's got a lot of pitting and wiper scratches!!

Has anyone else thought that SEAT glass is quite soft? I've never had cars before that have had pitting like it before? It was the same on my Mk3 Cupra!

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
So I have some very minor chips on my windscreen from a stone. It's 3 very small chips.

I have been to AutoGlass and they said it's too fine to repair.

So how would I repair this?
Would a glass polishing kit work?

Speak to Brian - contact details below. A real glass expert and not expensive.

GLAS-WELD SYSTEMS

Great Britain 34, MARTON DRIVE
TS22 5BA BILLINGHAM, CLEVELAND

Phone: +44 (0) 1642 365580

Orion1969

Massey Ferguson ftw
Feb 20, 2009
South Derbyshire
Has anyone else thought that SEAT glass is quite soft? I've never had cars before that have had pitting like it before? It was the same on my Mk3 Cupra!

Mines the same, doing my head in but after several Google searches ive come to the conclusion that all VAG cars use soft glass :rolleyes:

Pedestrian friendly? maybe but im sure some poor ****** isn't going to say 'oh how wonderful, lovely soft glass! my head just bounced right off!...just a pity the front of the car took my legs off :happy:

Last edited:

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
Mine picked up an inch long scratch last year from just some grit under the wiper and ive never had it on any other car.

I polished the worsed out but you have to be carefull how far you take it as it starts to distort.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.