Removed fogs for better air flow>

Deleted member 20376

Removed my fogs at the weekend to get a better flow of air to the intercoolers see if it would make much difference or not you can certainly see the intercoolers now.
has anyone else done this and noticed much difference.

also decided to drill me air box. had a spare one so i thought, why not?
sounds a lot more throaty like a bullfrog.
dont no if the dv is loader tho.
[B)]

Deleted member 20376

thought about that but i thought all the **** off the roads wud flick up in there.

Deleted member 20376

i heard down the grape line that the tt arches have grills in them already :think:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
thought about that but i thought all the **** off the roads wud flick up in there.

angled down to cover the effect of road dirt etc

IMG_1572.JPG

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
hmmm might remove my fogs if it makes a difference,dont need them anyway since my HIDs are bright enough!

so,any noticeable difference?

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
I did this, but it looked terrible then the car failed MOT for no fogs.

Plus i think it houses the reversing lights too.

car was much faster though.

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
Ive recently done this as one of my fogs was cracked, can't say I have noticed much difference to be honest.
Though I didn't expect to really, but it can't do any harm, the airflow is much improved.

Deleted member 20376

I did this, but it looked terrible then the car failed MOT for no fogs.

Plus i think it houses the reversing lights too.

car was much faster though.

i thought it could only fail on a fog light if the fog light is there but it doesnt work, as fog lights are optional not all cars have them. you need one on the rear.

not sure about the reverse light tho. ill av check that.

i just removed the fuse for the front fogs.

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
yea - who needs to spend hundreds on an FMIC when you can get paid for removing your fogs and selling them for the same performance gains :)

GREY 225

Jim R
Oct 15, 2006
I removed my fogs and sold em on ebay for £70 and also vented arches,although on the LCR there is a gap at bottom of liner for the air to get out unlike some of the other vag group cars.Did it make it any better,no.It still suffered on power when ambient air temp rose above 15 degrees with some hard driving.
Fitting front mount made all the difference,pulls harder at top end for longer and it dont matter what ambient air temp is now,its consistant.The 2 side mounts are adequate for a factory LCR,but with a remapped one you are pushing them to there limits and will soon reach it when driving hard.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.