removing car battery

sopmpie

hi guys, my car battery has packed it in. i have no jumper cables nor someone to help me jump start but i do have a battery charger. i need to remove the car battery obviously but the battery has this black box attached on top with four cables (3 red and one black i think) been searching to find out what it is and how to remove and been unsuccessful. thanks

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
Take Cover off,

Disconnect Negative first, then Positive, no chance of short/tracking then

undo battery clamp (usually a 10mm socket) at the base of the batt,

Unclip the top black box and push to one side From what i remember it slides up and lifts. , you should be able to lift out the batt then,

Make sure you have your radio code first!

Hope this helps!

Kaiser Klaus

Hi there, really looking for some help. Bought my Leon and the previous owners changed the headlight from standard and in doing so have obviously removed the battery. When they replaced the battery they didn't fit the battery clamp. So now I have the car with the battery moving around and I cannot find any information to help me, nor can I find a replacement. Has anyone got any ideas? I was thinking/hoping maybe the golf battery clamp would suffice, but I don't know. Cheers

Rgm racer

Sep 22, 2009
hi guys, my car battery has packed it in. i have no jumper cables nor someone to help me jump start but i do have a battery charger. i need to remove the car battery obviously but the battery has this black box attached on top with four cables (3 red and one black i think) been searching to find out what it is and how to remove and been unsuccessful. thanks

Would not just clamping the charger wires onto battery connections/lead clamps work anyway, meaning you don't need to remove battery or undo anything etc?