Removing Exterior B-Pillar Trim

seat_rich

Five atoms
Jul 29, 2009
As the title really, I've just picked up my 54 plate FR TDI, and there's a bit of rust where the plastic stops on the B-pillar, just below the 'FR' logo.

Any idea how to safely and easily remove the plastic so I can see how extensive it is?

Aimez

If you open the door and look at the side of the plastic there are a couple of round plug type things that hold it in place. The glass man ripped mine out with a screwdriver :wtf: and shoved them back in but they are now managed but to be fare they look like one use type push in things so you may need to get new ones. There could be more but I am not 100% certain.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
any help ?

853000.png

seat_rich

Five atoms
Jul 29, 2009
Hmmm, I saw the three plug things but didn't really fancy prying them out.

Might have a go tomorrow with something plasticky rather than a screwdriver!

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
i had a quick bash tonight at the lugs with a screw driver and they are in proper hard, didnt fancy putting much more force on, felt bad for my car! haha

Might see about buying some newuns first like you say! Thanks for the help :)

Arnoldo

Diesel Fr :D
Mar 22, 2009
N.Ireland
You need to give them a right tug. I have the same rust issue and its friggin shockin esp for a 2005 car. My old polo was 2000 and it hadnt a bit of rust on it from the day I bought it, till the day I sold it. Seems to me Seat got monkeys in to do the painting!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.