Removing LCR Front bumper

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Ive searched but coming up with nothing that i wanna now..

Im wanting to take the LCR front bumper of tomorrow...How exactly do i do this am i right in sayin theres Fixings in the arch,wing,underneath the bumper,Near bonnet catch and foglights?

How do the fog light grills pop out?

Any pics and info would be great...

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
Have a look on forge site for the LC180 intercooler.. There's a guide on there for fitting the FMIC, but it also mentions fitting and removal of the LCR bumpers

Lee M

Hi Mate,

See below for the text on fitting a forge FMIC to an LCR. I modified it and sent it back to Forge as they missed out some of the front bumper fixings (although they have never updated their info, with mine). I hope it helps. (My changes to their original instructions are in red).

SEAT Leon Cupra R
Front Mounted Intercooler Kit.

Tools required:
• Protective and safety equipment for yourself and the vehicle
• A vehicle lift or jack and axle stands
• T20/T25/T30 torx drivers
• Phillips and flat blade screwdrivers
• Trim removal V tool
• 10mm spanner or socket
• 13mm spanner or socket
• 9mm spanner or socket

1. Disassembly
a. Firstly raise the vehicle to a convenient height on lift or stands, and to give the best access to the wheel arches remove both front wheels.
b. Open the Bonnet.
c. Remove the front grille upper cover with a flat blade screwdriver to unclip the locators. Then remove the 5 plastic clips from the upper edge of the grille using a v type trim tool as shown in the second picture.
d. Remove the 5x T20 torx screws inside the front edge of each front wheelarch and the Philips screws that are located just above the top torx screws (they sit just behind the wheel arch liner).
e. Remove the remaining two arch liner rear screws to allow removal of the wheel arch liner.
f. Undo and remove the two nuts (8mm) on the bumper retaining threads, on both sides of the vehicle.
g. Remove the 2 Fog light grilles.
h. Remove the single T30 torx bolt located behind each of the fog light grilles.
i. Remove the 3 large Phillips screws on the underside of the front bumper/spoiler.
j. Disconnect both front fog light and the ambient temp sensor electrical connections.

TIP:- At this point it is a good idea to put some masking tape (14 Day type that is easier to remove) on the vulnerable areas of the wing and headlights, that could get damaged during the bumper removal.

k. Lift off the front bumper cover, take care in manoeuvring this around the edges of the headlights; it will be a tight fit if it has never been removed before.

2. Old Intercoolers & Ancillaries
a. Remove the plastic air ducts from both intercoolers.
b. Remove the left (battery side) headlight (4x T30 Torx screws and electrical connections).
c. Loosen the top and bottom hose clips on both intercoolers.
d. Remove the 3x 10mm nuts that retain each intercooler and lift the intercoolers clear.
e. Remove the connecting tube between the intercoolers from inside the engine bay. These have 10mm nuts holding down P clips as per the pictures below.
f. 3/ Remove the 13mm nut on the horn bracket, move horn assembly to the left side of the vehicle in order to clear the crash bar.
g. Remove the 5x 13mm nuts and bolts on each side of the crash bar and remove the bar completely.
h. Remove the 3x Phillips screws in the lower plastic panel and remove this.
i. Remove the 2x 9mm corner locator pins from the original crash bar and fit them in to the new modified crash bar supplied in the kit.
j. Now fit the new crash bar to the vehicle using its original 13mm nuts and bolts.

3. Horns
a. Relocate the horn bracket assembly in to the left front section that has been vacated by the stock intercooler.
b. Fit the horn bracket to the left intercooler top mounting using the top right 10mm nut as per the picture below.
c. Turn the horns so the trumpets are facing downwards to prevent future water ingress.
d. Tidy the wiring using the zip ties supplied.

4. New Intercooler & Ancillaries
a. Fit the new intercooler to the crash bar using the m8 bolts and washers supplied.
b. Fit to the top of the adjustment slots so that it can be lowered once the fit is near completion.
c. Fit a 45 degree silicon hose to both intercooler tubes as below. Then fit a 13mm aluminium tube in to each one of these hoses. Then fit a 90 degree silicone on to the other end of each of these tubes, then another 75mm aluminium joiner and then the remaining 45 degree silicon hose, the left side hose will then connect to the original plastic tube behind the headlight and the right side hose will connect to the original hose by using the remaining 75mm aluminium joiner.
d. Once these are all in place and routed well you can tighten up each connection with the hose clips supplied. The below pictures are a guide for the correct routing.

5. Re-assembly
a. Be sure that all the intercooler mounting bolts, hose clips and the crash bar are secured well.
b. Refit the left hand headlight.
c. Refit the wheel arch liners.d. Refit the complete bumper cover and ancillaries.
e. Remove all tools
f. Refit the wheels and lower the vehicle to the ground

You are now ready to enjoy the new performance of your vehicle.

Cheers

Lee

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
oldish thread i know, is the facelift lc bumper removal the same/similar to lcr removal??

intercooler on next week so need to find out asap these bits so no fcukup fairies visit me on the day

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
oldish thread i know, is the facelift lc bumper removal the same/similar to lcr removal??

intercooler on next week so need to find out asap these bits so no fcukup fairies visit me on the day

Yes except you have the front bumper bolts to remove - behind the oval discs on either side of the bumper .

Other than that, I think the process is near enough the same :)