Removing Rear Seats

Jan 9, 2008
Sandbach
Thinking of throwing them out for the trackday in a few weeks, but would taking them give more felxibilty to the rear end without putting a rear strut brace in?

I doubt I could get a rear strut made up in time for the track, and not really wanting to take the rear seats out if it looses a bit of rigidity by doing so. What do we think?

jimseat

MAX POWER FEATURE CAR
Mar 26, 2006
Totton, Hampshire
I went to the Nurburgring last year and contemplated the same .... I kept them in, the way I look at it, they don't weigh that much and like you I wanted the stability and weight in the back .... needless to say I was quite happy with the car on track with them in .... as long as you are driving for fun and not a super fast track time it really doesn't matter.

Jimbo

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
I take mine out for trackdays. With them and the spare wheel etc out the car is 50kg lighter... They don't provide any stiffness really as they are only held by the locking pins at the top, nothing substantial.

adon30

Apr 18, 2008
Brummm Brummm
The spare wheel will make a big difference. I take out the bottoms of the seats and throw it on there during the winter months as I find the weight distribution is a bit better, but keep the main seats in. For track days it would make a difference.
However when lightening the car will you not be affecting the tracking on the car? as there is now less weight on the rear wheels, so camber/castor will be affected. Any thoughts?

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Take them out - they are heavy and give no structural integrity. I do.

I know its an old quote but it sounds like you being in adds structural integrity. just misunderstood it first
I also had no back seats in for about 4 months, car did feel quicker and noisier

dannydoo

Again sorry to dig up old threads but i have been trying to remove my rear interior to fit a roll cage and the drivers side rear seat the leaver has snapped and i cant think of anyway without destroying the seat. does anyone have a idea that i could do? be great help! Thank you...

:)

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
They weigh a ton rip them out throw them in the bin do this
1cad8a9b.jpg

f40a4a4a.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.