Removing scrathches on window?

F8 CMR

Sep 6, 2009
South Shields
i got my car back after gettign warranty work don to find the window scratched! they arnt taking any responsibility for it therefore i have 2 sort it myself.
does anyone no of any products which would remove the scrtaches before i invest in a new window?
cheers

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
Jewellers Rouge on a buffing wheel/polishing mop will work for light scratches. You'll be able to get the rouge from a glass/window company for not much and the buffing wheel from Screwfix or similar.
Use a fairly slow speed on a drill not too much pressure, it will take time so be patient!

Jan 7, 2010
Herts
Really depends on the scratches but maybe planetpolish have what your after

planetpolish.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=4

Hope this helps,
Ed

F8 CMR

Sep 6, 2009
South Shields
took the car into work today and tried taking photos, found it really hard but heres the best i could come up with....
DSC01865.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC01864.jpg
[/IMG]

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
If you run your finger nail across the scratch and it digs in then you won't be able to polish it out easily. By the time you have polished it out, you'll have removed a good amount of material and made the glass thinner and therefore weaker.
If you can just feel it, then you can polish it out with jewellers rouge

Jun 4, 2007
Aberdeen
dont know if you can say other site's names but there is a detailing site that someone has put a guide up for polishing scratches out of glass. Looks very useful and may be of some help.

gogs

Nov 21, 2009
Is there a dedicated product for this, seems to be a product for everything else