Removing the S-grill on front

Joens

Jan 18, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
Ok, the title says it all. I tried to do a search and didn't find any good answers/advices that would have helped me.. :) I would really be glad if sum1 would give me step-by-step advices. Do I need to remove whole bumber, or is it possible to remove the s-grill without removing the bumber?

And for last, I apologize my bad english. I'm from Finland :p

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
iirc its just two black clips on the top you need to unclip with a flat head screwdriver then unclips outways but i think i remember it being VERY TOUGH clips in! so will take a lil force just take your time tho

Joens

Jan 18, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
Yea I noticed those clips and removed them. I tried to pull it off, but when I was watching the new grill I got from Germany, it had clips behind the grill and its suppose to be exact replica. So i made a conclusion its not for forcing. I might be wrong then. But the point is, im afraid those clips will snap if I pull it hard and the paint will get damage around the grill. So.. force it is then? :)

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
would bve al;ot easyer to remove the bumper and unclip from the back but if your lazy do it this way and pull it off firmly

gruffs

Dec 18, 2007
You can just undo the screws that you can see from inside the engine bay at the top of the bumper. This will allow you to get your hand down the back of the bumper and release the clips from behind.

You will need strong fingers though.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
it is very tough to get off but would be alot easier to take bumper offif yournot good at fiddling thingsoff easily. id personaly do as gruffs said but imo if you where handy with cars you wouldnt be asking this question so my advice would be to remove the bumper and prise clips free :)

what model idiza do you have as each bumpercomesoffslightly diffrent (screw positions) mine has around 5 torx in each arch and 4 along the top 2 in lower grill section and 4 along the bottom then just unclips at the edges and pulls off

Joens

Jan 18, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
Rash, took your advice and just ripped it off, thank god none of the clips didnt crack, same way with the new mask, just set it on right place and pushed it in. :p

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.