Replacement Handbrake Cover

matt2e1cpc

Hi All,

I'm looking at getting rid of the awfully cheap looking rubber/plastic handbrake cover and picking up one of the various replacement handbrake covers.

Obviously picking one up is easy enough but none of the photos i've been able to find so far show anything regarding fitment.

Is it straightforward? Could anyone hear briefly detail the process (photos would be even better!).

Thanks in advance,
Matt.

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
Take a look at the ones on seats website, on the accesories page. cost around £55 I have the air metal one and it is very good, much thicker. It just slides over the original one and there is a little grub screw on the underside to secure. Pics on the website
they are all the same bar the trim, one is in a kind of leather/sand then an aluminium one then a dotted metal one (air metal)

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Hey John

Is this the one you have?
1P0064310.jpg

Like that a lot, the accessories page is not the easiest to find so anyone looking

http://www.seat.co.uk/generator/su/uk/SEAT/site/Service/original-accessories/main.html

this looks good too.

1P1064320A.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2007
South East London
I have the handbrake cover in your pic it's excellent, nice and chunky. I also thought that gear knob looked good so I ordered it, all I can say is for £65 it looked and felt like something you get from the Market for a £5. Badly finished, about as weighty as a feather and looked terrible! It went straight back for a refund!

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
I have the handbrake cover in your pic it's excellent, nice and chunky. I also thought that gear knob looked good so I ordered it, all I can say is for £65 it looked and felt like something you get from the Market for a £5. Badly finished, about as weighty as a feather and looked terrible! It went straight back for a refund!

cheers Dave i'll avoid the gear lever

Rob

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
Yes, same as mine. Its very good quality, much better than I expected and dead easy to fit, It fits very snuggly over the old one, so snug the grub screw is not essential.
You need a small stubby philips to screw in (self tapper screw included) and need to pull handbrake on as hard as you can to get to screw from the underside:)

matt2e1cpc

Looks great! Thanks John, going to have to invest in one of these I think.

Matt.

Fergy

Feb 23, 2009
I have the leather air metal effect one for sale if anyone is interested. I put it in the classifieds a few months back but no interest

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members