Replacing some of the smaller engine hoses, help please (pic included)?

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
When I was saying "Mikalor" clips I meant these ones that itfben found (note that's the brand name, not the type):

!BwJS6ewBmk~$(KGrHqN,!icEv1+0F2hlBMHnJB0LEQ~~_35.JPG

i think these would look smarter than cable ties, what size you reckon I / we should go for for 8mm hoses? 12mm 11mm?

MOROalTT

Mar 19, 2011
USA
I just didn't understand this bit mate :)

I was commenting on my own comment of striping (soak) to get the same item as pictured

that it was not funny. (as my kids now that their older I am not funny anymore)

So, I am not funny..... about soaking them to save a penny....

at times emails and my writing skills do not mix at times.......

Thanks for letting me know as here in US someone may just go off and write bad stuff

when nothing was meant by it... So, Thank you for asking. I will not try being funny because i am not..... :lol::lol:

Thanks Again...... yours, WhanAB

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
there is no rule to say what you can or cant use, i use what fits best and this is the out come :)

good quality hose is the key

order from this shop, this is the same place i buy my silicone hose from and the quality is very good.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-Metres-Blue...CarParts_SM&hash=item56448f9577#ht_1100wt_905

SAM!!!!!!! [:@][:@][:@][:@]

the 8mm wont fit for the U shaped hose! took the old one off (now have not clip to hold it back one, stupid 1-time-use-clips) the 8mm hose actusally fits INSIDE the oem hose so its more like 14mm that 8mm :(

doh! :headhurt:

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
was fricking massive! i couldnt get the 8mm (internal size, 14mm external) new hose on. :(

the new hose that i cudnt fit, fitted PERFECTLY inside the old hose

MOROalTT

Mar 19, 2011
USA
SAM!!!!!!! [:@][:@][:@][:@]

the 8mm wont fit for the U shaped hose! took the old one off (now have not clip to hold it back one, stupid 1-time-use-clips) the 8mm hose actusally fits INSIDE the oem hose so its more like 14mm that 8mm :(

doh! :headhurt:

U shaped hose use a 10 mm also Forge has some small hose that tend to crack they are about the same price as OEM so better made.....

when using a line off the FBR it may discolor it be sure to watch that one....

Last edited:

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Alright dudes im taking mine off the road this week to sort out everything I wanna do well a large portion of it and I wanna smarten up my engine bay. How much 8mm hose would I need to order and how much 10mm hose?

Thanks Ben

Also does anyone know what size fuel pipe is on the LCR i wanna order some braided hose.

Thanking you plenty

Last edited:

turboboy111

Dec 2, 2010
Norwich
Iv just read about fuel line hose as I also want to get some braided stuff, on another post it says it's 8mm Id

Last edited:

MOROalTT

Mar 19, 2011
USA
Alright dudes im taking mine off the road this week to sort out everything I wanna do well a large portion of it and I wanna smarten up my engine bay. How much 8mm hose would I need to order and how much 10mm hose?

Thanks Ben

Also does anyone know what size fuel pipe is on the LCR i wanna order some braided hose.

Thanking you plenty

would imagine this would be close to your car.....

IMG_0053.jpg

7464174198_6013017a49_h.jpg

CAP PROGRAM & Shine Seal
Left side raw aluminum right side used shine seal metal polish

oil coolant brake fluid power steering fluid strut throttle body and windshield washer fluid

good luck :)

Last edited:

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Has anyone done or got similar info for the PD150 engine? which hoses can just be swapped with silicone vacuum hose and what sizes are required? Engine cover is staying on so it's only really the visible ones that I want to do.

Cheers in advance :)

turbomick

onvi yellow cupra r
Apr 12, 2011
halifax
Thats my bay, should have just asked me.

1,2,4 are indeed 8mm and 3 can be 10mm but is a bugger to get off, the other smaller hoses are 3mm.
Ronun225 is correct.

Also don;t use cable ties, get the proper silicon hose friendly jubilee clips, they look alot better, more durable and can be reused.
You can get all these from siliconhoses.com cheaply

Here is an updated pic for your to copy!;)

engine020.jpg

Is it just 8 mm vac silicone hose for the top collant one mate

Dave_Cupra88

Jan 30, 2012
Can you just take off all the old hoses without making a mess everywhere? Does the coolant etc leak out when you do this?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.