Retro-fit auto dipping mirror

jcp

Dec 18, 2008
Herts
Has any one retro-fitted the automatic dipping rear view mirror? What with the increased running in traffic and darkness this time of the year I am beginning to miss the ones I had in previous cars?

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
There was a thread on this a long time ago.
Might be worth searching.
I think you would only need to buy the mirror unit then wire it up.

jcp

Dec 18, 2008
Herts
Top man Rampage!! Does anyone know whether this has been done? It looks very do-able but at £125 I would prefer to know it has succeeded?

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
There is no wires there for it to my knowledge. Ive had my standard mirror out and fitted some DIY red leds in the underside. Seen no sign of extra wires up there. I ran out my own 12v switched live, from the fuse box.

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Find a Leon in a scrap yard with one and ask to take it out yourself. See how it's wired.
If you can find one!

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I looked into this and IIRC the mirror is £160. It just plugs into a socket by the interior light.

I would go to a car hire place and hire one for a weekend and rob the bits off of it ;)

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
I would go to a car hire place and hire one for a weekend and rob the bits off of it ;)

:lol::lol:that's not the first time i've seen that suggested and done

rumour has it our local flash car rental place got a call to recover a Cossie that was missing an engine and gear box whilst parked to go shopping :whistle::whistle:

jcp

Dec 18, 2008
Herts
There used to be a Willhire 24hr race at Snetterton- Team prize won by Skoda once- a pal and I had the idea of entering a rented car but didn't have the money or nerve to carry it through!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.