Chillout

Retrofit RGB footwell LEDs

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
Chillout submitted a new resource:

Retrofit RGB footwell LEDs - retrofit RGB footwell LEDs

Requirements:
- 4x 8K0973754A connector (Aliexpress has them with pins and a bit of wire)
- Some wire, long enough to reach both footwells
- Some electrical skills
- 1x 8W0947415A
- 1x 8W0947415B

And if you want to do the rear as well (but you would need to pull the LIN/+/GNDwires to the rear passenger footwell area:
- 1x 8W0947415C
- 1x 8W0947415D

First, find the BCM. On LHD cars it's on the drivers' side, near the fuse box. It's the square thing with a white clamp at the bottom, which...

Read more about this resource...

Reactions: at0ny

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
Yes, they work. The color will not be 100% accurate to the OEM LEDs, but they will work.

I made 2 posts about these LEDs:

Summary: they are very bright, but dimming isn't as smooth as OEM and the color representation is different.

Reactions: at0ny

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
After coding. They wil be separate controlled also in car menu?

Seen some kits but they say it works wirh doorpanel color. So footwel dont work for dimming etc.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-S901B met Tapatalk
On my car, each of the groups can be dimmed with a separate control.

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
On my car, each of the groups can be dimmed with a separate control.
Ok thanks.

Got the ali set last week. Installed it and coded also the colors in mib2. Instead White color.

20230813_141735.jpg

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
😁 dan heb ik niks gezegd. Werkt alles goed?

(Sorry to the English folks 😁, i asked him if all works correctly)

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
dan heb ik niks gezegd. Werkt alles goed?

(Sorry to the English folks , i asked him if all works correctly)
Ja alles werkt prima. Alleen begreep omdat het een ali set is dimmen alleen niet. Ken de bediening wel gebruiken. Maar eigenlijk is 1e optie dimmen meteen al fel.

Weet niet of dit met oem lampjes ook zo is? Heb eigenlijk ook + en - gepakt vanaf de bestaande voetenverlichting namelijk. De een zegd beter vaste + en massa. De ander zegt maakt niet uit

Vind het opzich niet storend dat ze fell zijn.

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
Ik heb bij de mijne de voeding van de bestaande voeten verlichting gepakt, maar wel met coding ingesteld dat de voeten verlichting vast voltage heeft. Weet even niet welk LEUCHTE channel het is, maar in die glaskugelservice link die hierboven ergens staat, is dat precies terug te vinden. Dit zorg er voor dat er niet gedimd wordt met voltage maar via het LIN signaal.

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
Ik heb bij de mijne de voeding van de bestaande voeten verlichting gepakt, maar wel met coding ingesteld dat de voeten verlichting vast voltage heeft. Weet even niet welk LEUCHTE channel het is, maar in die glaskugelservice link die hierboven ergens staat, is dat precies terug te vinden. Dit zorg er voor dat er niet gedimd wordt met voltage maar via het LIN signaal.
Ja klopt is allemaal gedaan. Leuchte 30fr dimwert naar 127 ipv 100%. Moet zeggen met 100% geen last van flikkerende lampjes uit de ali set. Meer voor het geval naar 127% gecodeerd.

Alleen de keuren in mib2 was wel even zoeken maar uiteindelijk gelukt erin te krijgen.

Weet je toevallig of de panoramadak ambientlight goed past. Ik kwam wel setjes tegen maar wwwt niet of deze makkelijk in te bouwen zijn. Dit lijkt me ook wel wat om nog erbij te hebben.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chillout
Aug 29, 2023

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
I want to retrofit from LED to RGB, but 1 thing that i do not understand is the 12v(+) wire. The wire for LED footwell is connected to BCM T73C/72. From where do I connected the 12V wire?

I foudn this on AE: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005...list.product.mainProduct&gatewayAdapt=glo2nld
You can use the 12v + grnd from footwell light you have. But need also coding leuchte30fr dimwert from 100% to 127% Or find a constant 12v in fuse box. And put grnd on grnd place.

I have a same kit from alie, Come with an extra harness for linbus, 12V pin and ring for grnd to mount. But other seller:
Ik heb net dit geweldige item op AliExpress gevonden. Bekijk het nu! €56,55 30%OFF | 30 Kleuren Rgb Ambient Decoratieve Licht Voor Skoda Kodiaq Voor Seat Leon 5F Auto-interieur Polychromatisch Voetenruimtebekleding Licht

ae_1691778616176.jpg

Jul 5, 2021
Hi all sorry for digging up an old thread but I retro fitted the four footwell rgb lights I have coded them as described but unfortunately they don't dim from the cars menu the footwell brightness slider does nothing other then completely turn them off if I go all they way down they do get brighter and dimmer when I use the slider for the doors any Ideas ?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.