Reversing light wont come on when im in reverse??

Turf Burner 09

Jun 8, 2009
Carrickmore , NI
Need some help here guys, as it says in the title, my reversing lights will not come on when im in reverse! I noticed this when i was parking at home one night, its a bloody nusciance! I tryed putting it in reverse gear a few times (back into neutral then into reverse again) yet it still doesnt work. To make the problem more annoying, i was reversing again last night and it worked! But when i tryed it again it didnt?
Its a very silly problem i know but i dont want to forget sometime and reverse into something.
I was thinking it could be a faulty brake light switch? Or a fuse?
Help and any advice would be great.
Conor

Turf Burner 09

Jun 8, 2009
Carrickmore , NI
Went to my local mechanic and he said the same, just wanted to check with everyone here, Ill need to get it booked in to be sorted out soon... Thanks all for the quick replies!

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Went to my local mechanic and he said the same, just wanted to check with everyone here, Ill need to get it booked in to be sorted out soon... Thanks all for the quick replies!

You dont feel confident to do it your self? simple job, i wouldent pay for it thats for sure even if it takes u 3 hours, you can stand back and be happy you saved money.

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Nope without looking at my gearbox i cant picture it to even tell you where it is lol, some one will be able to tell you though :) reverse switch is normally sat somewhere on top of the box with a plug.

Turf Burner 09

Jun 8, 2009
Carrickmore , NI
Nope without looking at my gearbox i cant picture it to even tell you where it is lol, some one will be able to tell you though :) reverse switch is normally sat somewhere on top of the box with a plug.

Meh dont worry about it, ill do a little research and find out, if its to confusing ill get my mechanic to have a look and maybe do it for a discount lol we have gave him plenty of work recently with our trucks etc :whistle:

gorillaleon

mine is doing this i am checkin the fuse when my misses gets home its in the fuse box in the side of dash according to the manual might be worth the 2 secs just to check save you some dollar :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise