Revs jump at 3k revs - now what!? Help please... - Solved

dj_troopa

Sep 29, 2009
It won't be a map issue. Either you have the revo settings wrong for your car (needs logging), or you have an undiagnosed hardware issue. What are the IATs? In this weather I haven't seen double digits with mine.

Revo settings were provided by my dealer who said the settings are running fine for the car. This is when i had it logged a few months back and he said 'you need an intercooler due to high intake temps'.

I had it logged last week by someone else and they said they were seeing temps as high as 40 and that's with 1 degree cold weather :confused:

dj_troopa

Sep 29, 2009
I don't get it. Crap is all over the place, noone can give me a solid answer as to what it is. Even if it's the clutch i just want to know it's 100% the issue. Weird though as it doesn't do it all the time! All this has happened after installing the Revo map and stressing me out. I want this off my car and i'll be going somewhere like R-Tech for a map. I wanted this to work out but it's nothing but headache.

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
6th gear pull from low rom will tell you if its clutch or not thou it's not good for it

dj_troopa

Sep 29, 2009
6th gear pull from low rom will tell you if its clutch or not thou it's not good for it

I've done this a few times and it's just random. Sometimes it will do it, then straight after i'll try it again and it doesn't do it.

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
IATs hitting 40 with these temps isn't right. Does IAT sensor report ambient temps when checked first thing in the morning?

dj_troopa

Sep 29, 2009
IATs hitting 40 with these temps isn't right. Does IAT sensor report ambient temps when checked first thing in the morning?

By that you mean on the DIS? Yeah it reports fine all the time and i haven't noticed any incorrect temp readings. It said it was -0.5 this morning and i certainly believe that lol

Last edited:

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
That's the ambient temp, I mean the temp reported by the intake temp sensor, to check its reading correctly.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Revs jump at 3k revs - now what!? Help please...

I ran Revo stage 2 + with standard intercooler during the summer no problem.
As above the car needs logged and if there's nothing obvious then email them to Revo.
On a stage 1 car I'd of thought the settings should be boost 6-7 timing 5 if running vpower or tesco 99 fuel 9
If the settings are correct then I'd suspect a hardware problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.