Roug idle at 1.100rpm

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Remove the other bolt and then the egr. Hopefully there will be enough sticking out to get some mole grips on.

May 3, 2021
Remove the other bolt and then the egr. Hopefully there will be enough sticking out to get some mole grips on.
You want me to run without egr? U do realise that i cannot simply do anything to the broken thread . And im 100% sure the other thread is going to break with the nut too. At that point i cannot Even install the egr back

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Maybe you need to get the car to a garage and let them have a look.

What im trying to say is the egr needs to be fitted to the car with both the bolts.
Having a snapped bolt is what is causing the problem you are having.

SteveWM

Jul 12, 2016
West Midalnds
I haven’t had a 1.6 like yours, can you deal with the egr first? I think you have to tackle the broken stud/bolt. It will never seal otherwise.

If you have a picture it will be easier to understand what snapped and where, might be able to suggest a proper fix, I’ve had plenty to deal with over the years.

If you can do that in isolation and it fixes it then you won’t have to take the throttle body off again and have it aligned again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Maybe you need to get the car to a garage and let them have a look.

What im trying to say is the egr needs to be fitted to the car with both the bolts.
Having a snapped bolt is what is causing the problem you are having.
This

you need to bite the bullet and get it to a garage

they will need to either remove the stud or drill and tap it and install a new stud.

there will be massive air gap with just 1 nut holding it on.

unfortunate and probably be quite an expensive job.

May 3, 2021
This

you need to bite the bullet and get it to a garage

they will need to either remove the stud or drill and tap it and install a new stud.

there will be massive air gap with just 1 nut holding it on.

unfortunate and probably be quite an expensive job.
Most likely not worth it my case, the Norwegian Prices of a dealership are insane, goes completely against the price of the car itself just not worth it. Im going to try to Seal it somehow, what about egr delete ? Is that possible ? Il post a picture of my egr soon.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Most likely not worth it my case, the Norwegian Prices of a dealership are insane, goes completely against the price of the car itself just not worth it. Im going to try to Seal it somehow, what about egr delete ? Is that possible ? Il post a picture of my egr soon.
I didn’t say dealership

Any garage will do
A EGR delete is not beneficial you have snapped the stud at the inlet manifold.

you have to get that stud out

May 3, 2021
I didn’t say dealership

Any garage will do
A EGR delete is not beneficial you have snapped the stud at the inlet manifold.

you have to get that stud out
I might drag it out but, i also did a muffler delete in the back. i can not really remember if that started the same day as the muffler delete. Il try to attach the stock muffler back on see if i can see any difference..

May 3, 2021
ITS FIXED

after calibrating and playing around in the program the day after i drove for around 30 minutes and it Fixed itself.

No idea if it will come back, i hope not.

anyways, thank you for your contribution guys.

Reactions: Rich.T

SteveWM

Jul 12, 2016
West Midalnds
Glad your sorted out, can take a drive after throttle body alignment to get the ecu learning again. I’d still have a go at that busted stud if I were you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rich.T
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members