Running over the service interval

Jordash

I have a 56 Seat Leon Stylance 1.9TDi, it currently has 18000 miles on the clock. I know it's due a service, I'm going away in a couple of weeks, by then the mileage will be about 18500, still 1500 to go to service. Unfortunately I'm driving to and around the Alps, last time we did this we clocked about 3000 miles up. This'll push right through my service interval to 21500.

Is this too far past the recommended interval? I don't want to service too early as it would bring all subsequent services forward. Does anyone know how I would stand with the warranty if I didn't get it serviced until 21500 miles?

Thanks for your time,

Dash

Jonesy

Leftie and Proud
Sep 27, 2004
Pig Hill
Can you not just book it in now or just before you go, for when you get back, telling them the mileage when you do :shrug:

littleandy0410

Phone your local stealer and check with them - they may be ok with it.

I bought my 56 Leon TDI FR with 43k on, and the 40k service stamp was missing. It was an ex-company car dealt with by Watford Seat, and as they're gone, I had no way of confirming if the service had been done, so got it done straight away. When I asked the stealer, they said it would be no problem, and that the warranty is with them, not Seat UK anyway, so they have some discretion. Not sure if that's Salesman BS, but I wasn't buying the car from them, so they had no interest in the sale.

Hugo Nebula

Dec 7, 2007
Manchester
Personally, I'd get it serviced before you go. Just think of driving up & down those mountain passes with dirty oil. :( You can easily extend each subsequent service by 500miles to bring it back to 10k intervals.

Actually, the service interval is 15,000 kilometres, which is closer to 9,000 miles, but I guess Seat UK figure 10k miles is a nice round figure to remember.

Jordash

OK, cheers for the advice. I had a feeling it was a 1000m grace. So I'll give the Stealers a call and get it done just before I go. They've quoted me £265 all in for the 20k service, does this sound about right?
I appreciate all your advice,

Dash

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.