Running wires from back to stereo to coin area

Mewcenary

Mar 16, 2006
Farnham, Surrey
Hi,

I've installed the rudiments of an Alpine head unit which has two external connectors I need to take elsewhere. One is the iPod lead, which I would like to have sitting in the coin area underneath the ash tray (as typically I will be using my iPhone for music).

The second is the external mic (Bluetooth), for which I will take recommendations for location!

What's the best way of gaining appropriate access to run these cables?

Thanks!

bozwellox

Jazz Maveric
Jan 8, 2007
Oxford
Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but I want to do a similar thing - I want to run a phono/minijack cable from the back of the head unit and have it coming through the ash tray or underneath, into the coin area.

I was thinking I would need to perhaps drill a hole in the ash tray to feed it through, but it sounds like you didn't need to - where did you run the cable through? Any chance of some pics? Ideally I'd like to keep it quite tidy and "stealthy".

Cheers!

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
remove the ash tray and youll see how easily you can fit the feed
mine goes to the section below that with the gearstick etc

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
mic is best top right of the windscreen,OEM position seems to be pretty poor sound quality after testing it with a parrot kit

routing the cable,remove the door seal from along a pillar cover and down to the bottom of the floor at the front,remove a pillar cover,remove lower dash on driver side, requires side panel where fuse box is removed,3-4 screws holding the side of the lower dash on,then 3 underneath,1 on the very left 1 slightly further inside it,the other in the top of the pocket on the right hand side,then the whole panel pulls back towards you
then feed cable from behind radio up to a pillar,ensure you dont get the cable caught around the steering column etc

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.