RVC reversing camera installed

svenik

Sep 27, 2020
I found some german site where it says:
Retrofitting a reversing camera is generally possible in every SEAT Leon 5F (3 or 5 door and all special models) with the following built-in multimedia system:

MIB high

MIB standard nav

MIB standard radio system

Retrofitting is only possible with a built-in parking aid plus (PDC sensors on the front and rear) OR no parking aid at all.

Retrofitting is NOT possible on SEAT Leon 5F models with rear parking aid (PDC sensors only rear...

Is it true?

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
I can't see why would that be correct. I mean that the camera only relates to the PCD when they both appear on the screen simultaneously to show the distance. Only thing I can think of is that when the car comes with only rear parking sensors it is usually coded to not appear on screen, only audio warning. But even that changes easily with coding given that the infotainment supports it and all 6.5" and above infotainment support it.

svenik

Sep 27, 2020
Yes i turned the PCD also ON for 5.8 inch screen so i can see visualisation of rear parking sensors not just sound...
The camera needs to be NTSC right?is there any way to find out if i have NTSC or PAL?

svenik

Sep 27, 2020
In addition i have the same unit as this guy here in the vid:
and its working for him so i guess problem is in the cam?

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
I can only help with OEM cameras that can be retrofitted. I don't know about other solutions. I am under the impression though that the base 5.8" screen does not support any kind of video input. I might be wrong...

svenik

Sep 27, 2020
@Stefan147 thank you! I think it should work as i posted the video above that guy has same unit in glove box and its 5.8 inch screen for sure so either its problem in camera or signal, (coding i think i have done fine)

svenik

Sep 27, 2020
@SteveGSXR600K1 exactly so same config as me rear parking sensors + head unit and the same unit in glove box...i just have ST :)
the only difference is that he has not enabled the Parking pilot in radio he has just acustic option (i tried it as well no success) lets check the connectors

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
So I'm putting it here as well cause it may help others too.

As some of you may know our Leons can be fitted with the OEM high rearview camera (like the Golf, the Passat, the A3, the Octavia etc) despite the fact that this was never a factory option. Only problem up to now was the calibration of the camera and the fault that would appear in case of a scan with any of the popular diagnostic tools like VCDS, OBD11, VCP, ODIS etc. That would happen because there is no parameter file for this camera (5Q0980556B) with the correct measurements for the Leon and so ODIS could not calibrate it successfully. Only way is to trick ODIS to think that the camera is mounted on another model for which the camera is a factory option. In our case this model is Skoda Octavia 2017 hatchback.

Mandatory tools:

Original VCP & ODIS Service (in my case 5.1.6)

Optional tool:

VCDS

And it goes like this:
  • We upload Octavia III hatchback parameters with the VCP
  • We manually select in ODIS --> Octavia 2018
  • Select the camera as 6C and not 006C which is the Top View camera (if someone needs help with that PM me)
  • Place the VAS6350 board 1300mm from the rear axle and a bit off center to the left of the camera
  • Begin the calibration procedure by putting the gear selector to R and then giving these measurements:
  • 600mm camera height (that is actual height for a Leon Cupra with stock suspension)
  • 1340mm distance from rear axle (a bit fake in order to trick ODIS)
  • Board height is up to you, in my case it was 10mm since I have the VAS stuck on a cardboard
  • Let the procedure begin the countdown, it should take less than 20"
And voila

20201205_162511.jpg

Address 6C: Back-up Cam. (J772) Labels:| 5Q0-980-556.clb
Part No SW: 5Q0 980 556 B HW: 5Q0 980 556 B
Component: RVC Compact H12 0231
Coding: 04030101A2002017000060
Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000
ASAM Dataset: EV_CamSysRVRVCPANAMQBAB 006009
ROD: EV_CamSysRVRVCPANAMQBAB.rod
VCID: 392ED832F9D526E374D-806C

No fault code found.

Feel free to let your retrofitters know and avoid European shops for this. Don't make the same mistake I made by paying 350€ for the same exact kit as this...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Enjoy!

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
I fitted mine a few weeks ago.
Total cost was about £30.

The camwra was from wish, the filter from Amazon and an adaptor from eBay.
A bit of wiring and some extra wire then fitting a coding.

It's not an amazing picture, but it's as good as any car with a RVC I've driven.

8a6c70e6c8d2c3966801189502f11d31.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
fe703cfb8727010aacbc6193cb483c89.jpg

svenik

Sep 27, 2020
I bought also some cheap one just for test if its working, i wanted to avoid drilling into bumper....its the licence plate light replacement camera.
61W7Z30-tGL._AC_SS350_.jpg

But do you have recommendation how to power such a camera which has LEDs on it? So it will only turn on while in reverse, is the best option to take the power from reverse lights or any other idea? from radio unit or fuse box?

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
I bought also some cheap one just for test if its working, i wanted to avoid drilling into bumper....its the licence plate light replacement camera.
61W7Z30-tGL._AC_SS350_.jpg

But do you have recommendation how to power such a camera which has LEDs on it? So it will only turn on while in reverse, is the best option to take the power from reverse lights or any other idea? from radio unit or fuse box?

There's two power wires, one for the LEDs and one for the Camera.
The LEDs plug into the normal number plate light wiring. The camera goes into the reverse light wiring.

svenik

Sep 27, 2020
Yep ok so camera on reverse lights, just wanted to check out if there is any other option so the LEDs on the camera will not be always on

bahyr

Jun 26, 2019
Fey moths ago i fitted cheap Chinese camera but i was not happy from it. Recently I start to think about OEM camera and thanks for @Stefan147 info I deside to be High Line version. The set was ordered from hire:
The seller is reliable and the set is very good and full. All is OEM and with VW marks on it.
Wiring:
ACC + and ground -> I use the trunk 12V socket as I did with the old camera
Video cable pins on the same blue MIB connector
CAN-> High Line camera is activated via CAN not from the reverse light like the low line. Provided CAN cable has a connector extension so it is very easy to connect it on the MIB unit can cables
For activating I use VCDS.
First enter on CAN module-> installation list-> search and check 6C Back-up Cam. After this step 6C module will appear and CAN communication with it will start.
Second enter on 5F module-> remove the check box for low line camera i use, coding byte 19 bit 4 camera low installed ->next from adaptation -> car_funktion_list_BAP_Gen2_VPS_0x0B change to activated; car_funktion_list_BAP_Gen2_VPS_0x0B_msg_bus select terminal 15.
After this check and if all is OK you will have nice high line camera with 4 view modes.
IMG_20210511_123338.jpg

1. Standard view with dynamic turning lines.
IMG_20210511_125121.jpg

2. Parallel parking view
IMG_20210511_125102.jpg

3. Top view
IMG_20210511_125109_1.jpg

4. Wide angle view
IMG_20210511_125117.jpg

To work precisely and the lines to be correct two things must be done. First parameterization, it is done by the seller (parameters for what car he insert to the camera only he knows :) ). And second settings with ODIS as @Stefan147. I do not have ODIS and I didn't make this but camera is working with no issues, only it give error for missing basing settings when scan with VCDS.

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
ODIS is the cheapest (and most powerful) tool of all to get since it can easily work with a clone obd reader from Ali (50€) and a free virtual machine from the russian forum drive2.com.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.