RVC reversing camera installed

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Here is video as promised of the RVC on my car.

http://vid24.photobucket.com/albums/c47/Kevsterci/20150821_181956.mp4

I'm backing up to my garage door. The height of the camera, the point at which is mounted is level with the top of the wide horizontal groove at the top of the picture as ther car gets nearer.

As the red lines appear to touch the garage door the car is infact 4 inches away approx.

So you would see what you can see above that groove if you backed up 4 inches away to another seat Leon rear bumper :)

Last edited:

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
As for the install i went for the Ampire signal filter like this (part prepped)

Have some photos which hopefully will be of use to someone

[URL=http://s24.photobucket.com/user/Kevsterci/media/20150821_150242.jpg.html] [/URL]

Join like this on reverse feed

Tidy up like this

[URL=http://s24.photobucket.com/user/Kevsterci/media/20150821_174503.jpg.html] [/URL]

Made use of the earth stud here (note one wire is as found, one added for camera ground, one added for signal filter ground, and the other because i added a rear 12v socket while i was at it!)

and hid the extra cable behind the side trim

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
Here is video as promised of the RVC on my car.

http://vid24.photobucket.com/albums/c47/Kevsterci/20150821_181956.mp4

I'm backing up to my garage door. The height of the camera, the point at which is mounted is level with the top of the wide horizontal groove at the top of the picture as ther car gets nearer.

As the red lines appear to touch the garage door the car is infact 4 inches away approx.

So you would see what you can see above that groove if you backed up 4 inches away to another seat Leon rear bumper :)

Looks great Kev, well done!

Eetu

Aug 17, 2015
Has anyone tried the retrofit on a MY 2016 car with the original part 3Q0980121F? As far as I can tell from ETKA, the rear bumper wiring harness seems to be the same for cars with and without RVC. The only differing parts in cars with factory RVC (PR-code KA1) were the camera unit itself, and a bracket and a plug for the bumper. I would therefore assume it's a pretty straightforward retrofit in terms of wiring.

I can't add pics or straight links as I'm a new user, so copy paste this to see the pics from ETKA: imgur.com/a/t66jg

JRVS

Jul 12, 2015
Mexico City
is not help a 'must' here?

Hi guys.

I cannot code my camera. Have followed every step carefully several times, but each time I want to configure all the bytes and bits, return to original coding. I am using version 14.1.

Please help :(

regards

sad to see nobody wants to help here, except from one kind answer, no one else cares... ...shame. I have been on tenths of forums and is my first negative experience.

:cry:

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Sorry i would help but I don't know enough about coding. Tryvthe german guy? I got hold of him on Facebook chat.

Siiimon92

Aug 28, 2015
Could anyone confirm the coding? I've followed the screenshots on page 2 (5F - enable byte 19 bit 4) and get the picture on screen, but it doesn't show the OPS at the same time :blink:

If i take it out reverse the OPS come back, but most people seem to have them on the left of the screen when in reverse.

Thanks

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Has anyone tried the retrofit on a MY 2016 car with the original part 3Q0980121F? As far as I can tell from ETKA, the rear bumper wiring harness seems to be the same for cars with and without RVC. The only differing parts in cars with factory RVC (PR-code KA1) were the camera unit itself, and a bracket and a plug for the bumper. I would therefore assume it's a pretty straightforward retrofit in terms of wiring.

I can't add pics or straight links as I'm a new user, so copy paste this to see the pics from ETKA: imgur.com/a/t66jg

I'm going to do some digging into this.

Deleted member 98136

I thought I'd get a quote from my local Seat dealers to see what sort of price they'd charge for installing a reversing camera, this is the reply I received :-

From… SEAT UK Customer Services

Subject: ST-2016/05-000432

Dear Mr XXXX

Thank you for your enquiry dated 3 May. Please accept my apologies for the delay in my response.

I have enquired with our Parts Support Team, who have advised there is no manufacture’s approved retro-fitment of a rear view
camera available for your vehicle. The rear view camera is a factory fit option only. This needs to be specified at the time of
placing an order, and is installed on the production line; it cannot be retrofitted later. The wiring loom is vehicle specific
and is designed depending on the features of each individual vehicle. Additional control modules and wiring cannot be added at a
later date. For this reason a manufacturer approved rear view camera retrofit is not available. I am sorry for any
disappointment this may cause.

I can confirm that we do not recommend making modifications to a SEAT vehicle, other than by fitting accessories which we have
approved. The use of non-approved accessories or modifications may invalidate the manufacturer’s warranty in the event of a
related or consequential failure.

I hope this information proves useful. Thank you for contacting SEAT UK.

Kind regards

Jetinder Bains
Customer Relations Advisor
SEAT UK

T 0500 222 222
E [email protected]

www.seat.co.uk

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
@stepdey

Interesting thanks.

Well they are wrong and right. Kind of what you expect.

The wiring would of course be included in the loom from new, but it sounds like only if you choose the options. So no plug and play retrofit, which is really what you asked.

It is now an option on MY2016 and I assume to to be MY2017.

Even if you source and retrofit all the actual genuine parts that are now an option you'd still be wrong according to them.

They wouldn't give the dealers the coding anyway.

Deleted member 98136

Oh, I didn't realise they would not pass on the coding to their dealers.

What bugs me is the car was purchased second hand so I'm stuck with what that came with and I can't really upgrade it - what a load of bull !

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Oh, I didn't realise they would not pass on the coding to their dealers.

What bugs me is the car was purchased second hand so I'm stuck with what that came with and I can't really upgrade it - what a load of bull !

The dealers have VAS, VCDS (ross tech) is after market.

Some things you can get dealers to retrofit ie cruise control on many VWs was possible, so should be on seat. Logic tells me if the wiring is there like cruise on my last two golfs it's plug amlnd play if not it's unlikely. My dad got cruise retrofitted on my 2015 tiguan for example.

Depends what else you want, sounds like RVC is out unless you DIY.

They are tight with coding because they beleive the spec of car as made is sufficient and the buyer should buy a higher spec if not (dealers words not mine)

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Anybody started producing plug and play kits for these yet? I want to install but I hate electrics.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Anybody started producing plug and play kits for these yet? I want to install but I hate electrics.

Would have to an be aftermarket kit. The radio end you just fit the terminals in the existing plug. A plug for power would come from reverse bulb I assume, but means extra work routing cable up and over and removing boot inner trim which is nasty.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.