Satnav fault code in OBD11

jonial

Jonial
Nov 1, 2003
Garstang
www.g4ial.com
Since I upgraded my maps I find that every time I scan the management system using OBD11 I get the following fault code:- B126CF2. Does anyone know what causes this? The Satnav works perfectly with the updated map.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Since I upgraded my maps I find that every time I scan the management system using OBD11 I get the following fault code:- B126CF2. Does anyone know what causes this? The Satnav works perfectly with the updated map.

How was the map update completed? Was it via SEAT themselves or was it the workaround dis used in other threads on here?

If it’s the workaround, the error code is normal as I’ve had it since mine was updated too. Never causes any issues but it is there.

Tell

Staff member
You could try the SVM fix on post 35

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....vity-working-ones-for-the-ateca.438134/page-2

It's designed to detect a change in the software version. To clear it you go through a process. Obdeleven allows you to do it but you must compute the clear code yourself based on the code the unit shows. They can get stacked so assuming you compute the clear code correctly you keep applying it with a re scan till it goes. Once you get one of these dealers just leave it so if you want to get rid of it you do it yourself.

I've applied the workaround to an Arona and didnt get it. Reckon if you don't power the unit down before doing it... let time elapse for that or it's hot changed or fumble the mod, it knows you have done it. I know some people report this issue. My experience of the error has been threw fiddling with the backend menu of the high.

Tell

Staff member
Happy to compute your clear code if you give me the one that Obdeleven shows. That's your units unique... Think it's linked to the firmware then the computed one you feed back into it and repeat till it stops moaning. The VCDS instructions are different since for Obdeleven they go in, in lower case.

I think what stops the fault being introduced in the first place with the workaround is to do a reboot before putting in the updated card. Long press, pop etc. Unit on. Off, put card in, unit back on, so it doesn't pick up something has changed. That's what I did.

jonial

Jonial
Nov 1, 2003
Garstang
www.g4ial.com
Hi Tell
Thanks for your kind offer.
As I am now approaching my 80th birthday my computer skille are not quite as good as they were and I got a bit lost trying to reason the production of the clear code.the code that OBD11 is showing
Tomorrow I will try to extract the code that OBD11 is showing. Should i reply on this forum or is there a way to message you direct?

Tell

Staff member
Reply on this forum then people can learn from the experience. I reckon you should be able to get rid if it. The first one I got rid of first time with the method documented. The second one was more stubborn but I had, had the firmware changed by then so I had been entering the incorrect clear code since I hadn't recomputed it - it changed after the firmware change. Then I subsequently read on an Ozzie VW board that you in some instances have to 're enter it several times since they get stacked up. Having done that, they cleared.

So getting the clear code computed correctly and bashing it thru several times did the trick, least on the Seat Plus unit. I'll work it out for you using the Audi method.

jonial

Jonial
Nov 1, 2003
Garstang
www.g4ial.com
My Installation Change Code is 4020 which, using the guide suggested by Tell, gives a Clear Code of 89f2. I have applied this change code and it appears to have worked. Time will tell.
So many thanks to you Tell for making me reactivate my brain.

Tell

Staff member
You should be alright now. On the next workaround I suggest you reboot the unit by the long press on the left button before you put the SD card in, thats what I did on the partner's Arona.

We are awaiting the June 2019 release of the standard version. As NASA would say monitoring channels ;). Skoda German community.

I will post up here when it's out.

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/navigation-system-updates.388586/page-85

jonial

Jonial
Nov 1, 2003
Garstang
www.g4ial.com
Sadly this morning I did a full scan and the B126CF2 DTC has reappeared. I tried to do the Change Code procedure only to told at the bottom of the OBD11 Screen that "This function is not available"
So back to the drawing board

Tell

Staff member
Wonder what that means. I have mine, least the high with the developers menu enabled although can be fun enabling that. Wonder if not having that enabled has a bearing.

Could be the nested one where you keep putting the code in till it gives up giving you errors. That's if you can get the code in.

Another reboot may be and a re scan, and re-try. The return code hasn't changed has it so you need to recompute a new one ?.

jonial

Jonial
Nov 1, 2003
Garstang
www.g4ial.com
I dont think it is the nested one as it will not let me input the the code again. The return code has not changed. I did do a reboot and re scan after I had cleared the error. I will do another scan this afternoon and see if the fault returns.

Tell

Staff member
Have you managed to get the clear code to work again and then it returns. You could retry. Then you do a reboot after the clear code is accepted. If it's the nested one you just keep doing it till it stops returning. That's how I got rid of my last one. I had given up till I read they can get nested so you had to keep applying the code. You need a reboot in there after you put the clear code in and it's accepted.

Then if the code you are seeing has changed then you have to recompile the clear code. Failing this if it won't take the code then I'd leave for a bit in case it's at the Obdeleven central end.

As you say it does work happily with the SVM error. Just nice to clear it.

Deleted member 103408

Also just to add if OBD11 is telling you "This function is not available" have you tried clearing the cache on obd11 on you phone this often helps with issues like this.

Reactions: Tell

jonial

Jonial
Nov 1, 2003
Garstang
www.g4ial.com
An Update
I have now cleared the cache and have successfully applied the recover code repeatedly untill it was accepted instantly instead of a small delay hoping that any stacking was cleared.
I reset the fault code and did a reboot (Long Press) and then scanned the infotainment unit again and at the moment no fault was recorded.
I will scan again tomorrow and report back
Thanks again for the help

jonial

Jonial
Nov 1, 2003
Garstang
www.g4ial.com
Another update
This evening I di a scan and guess what the fault code has returned !!!!! I have now decided to throw in the towel and admit defeat to the Seat Infotainment System and accept that the maps work ok in spite of the Fault Code.
I have enjoyed the challenge and thank Tell and theoldboy for their inputs but that is it from me
Byeeee

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.