SE model heated mirror mod

chill14

Lodger
Sep 25, 2005
Staffordshire
I just read your post and thought 'what are you on about, surely you already got heated mirrors on an FR', :wtf: but now after checking the Parkers guide im now in disbelef to find that the later Ibiza models actually don't have these. I thought they were standard kit. :blink:

If they've took them off the range completely then i suspect the wiring may now have been removed.

However I know the Golf mkIV has its heated mirrors controlled from the heated rear screen switch, so I would have thought that it would be possible to do the same on the ibiza. It may require the changing of a relay under the daah and putting the wiring in to the mirrors but I can't see why it couldn't be done.

orangesprout

Cheeky !!
Apr 10, 2003
Dodge City, North East
Visit site
chill14 said:
I just read your post and thought 'what are you on about, surely you already got heated mirrors on an FR', :wtf: but now after checking the Parkers guide im now in disbelef to find that the later Ibiza models actually don't have these. I thought they were standard kit. :blink:

If they've took them off the range completely then i suspect the wiring may now have been removed.

However I know the Golf mkIV has its heated mirrors controlled from the heated rear screen switch, so I would have thought that it would be possible to do the same on the ibiza. It may require the changing of a relay under the daah and putting the wiring in to the mirrors but I can't see why it couldn't be done.

they come on with ignition only providing the mirror adjuster is in mid position
not rear window switch

chill14

Lodger
Sep 25, 2005
Staffordshire
Yes the standard heated mirror kit on the Ibiza does only work with the mirror control switch in centre if the ignition on.

The Golf mk IV and Boras heated mirrors however only work from the rear screen heater switch. I've just double checked with my mate who owns a VW Bora 130 TDi.

So if the wiring or kit not available for the Ibiza then using parts from the golf/bora could be an alternative option to retro fit them.