Seat Leon FR - Rattle in centre console

MonkeyTibs

Seat Simian
Dec 24, 2009
Southampton
Hi all,

On Thursday I bought an FR to replace my 1.4 VW Polo :)happy:) and although I can't drive it until the 31st of December (unless I want to pay an extra £900 insurance as I am 21 on New Years Eve and insurance becomes considerably cheaper) there is something I want to sort out.

As I took it on a test drive I noticed there was an irritating rattle behind the fans etc in the middle of the dash. I've been doing loads of searching around this forum and did find a thread that looked like it might relate to my specific rattle but I was hammered at the time and haven't been able to find it again!

I recall the thread detailing where the rattle comes from and how to fix it but it didn't describe how to remove the head unit and anything else that needs removing to get to the source of the rattle.

Big ask seeing as I'm new to the community and I'm sure this has all been posted before somewhere but I was wondering if anyone could give me or (more likely) point me to a guide that details how to remove the head unit/centre console and fix the bloody rattle as I'm struggling to find what I need with the forum search.

Car is 05 plate if that makes any difference at all.

Much appreciated!
Matt

MonkeyTibs

Seat Simian
Dec 24, 2009
Southampton
Anyone?

My prior post is somewhat verbose so to the point: How do you remove the head-unit and heating controls so I can get to and fix the rattle?

Cheers!

tedmorbed

have you tried the search part of the forum just click on search then put in dash rattle or whatever you are looking for

MonkeyTibs

Seat Simian
Dec 24, 2009
Southampton
Yeah, there is just so much information so it's very difficult to find the specific problem. I'm not really sure what to type in for the removing of the centre console! I'm evidently a bit useless with forums.

tedmorbed

is it the center consul or radio head unit you want to remove

TatoTDI

Nov 18, 2008
I have fixed two rattles in my centre console, you can try both if you want

The first was the boton of the hand brake, just take out the protector and put some grease inside of the boton that will fix it

the second was the ashtray, take it out and spray some WD40 all over the locking mechanism and engranes, that was the most annoyng rattle from my centre console

thell me if it worked for you

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise