Seat Leon mk1 rear axle bushes

Nov 14, 2020
Hi all
So this week I’m going to be replacing the rear axle bushes on my 1.9 seat Leon. I’ve made up a tool to remove the bushes, just wondering if anyone has done this job without removing the whole axle? And if so what did you need to remove and loosen of to drop the axle enough to get the bushes out?
I’d like to avoid taking the axle out if I can
Thanks in advance

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Yes the bushes can be done without completely removing the rear beam.
Just be careful not to overstretch the brake lines so have the beam supported with axle stands whilst your butcher the old bushes.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Nov 14, 2020
Yes the bushes can be done without completely removing the rear beam.
Just be careful not to overstretch the brake lines so have the beam supported with axle stands whilst your butcher the old bushes.

thanks for the reply mate, can I do one side at a time? Or will it not drop enough only doing one side?
thanks for you advice aswell :)

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
N.a. you gotta drop both sides out but as Thai said just put an axle stand under it to stop stretching the hoses... don't bother with a tool to get then out. Just use a 10mm drill bit and make a load of holes around the bush then it will knock out.
What bushes you putting back in. A lot of the uprated aftermarket are so easy to fit as they come in 2 halfs just lube them up and slide them in then push the metal tube up the middle

Nov 14, 2020
N.a. you gotta drop both sides out but as Thai said just put an axle stand under it to stop stretching the hoses... don't bother with a tool to get then out. Just use a 10mm drill bit and make a load of holes around the bush then it will knock out.
What bushes you putting back in. A lot of the uprated aftermarket are so easy to fit as they come in 2 halfs just lube them up and slide them in then push the metal tube up the middle

thanks for the reply mate I appreciate that, so do I just need to undo both shocks, remove the springs and take out the bolts for the axle bushes I’m replacing and the axle will drop a bit? Or is there anything else I need to remove

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
That's all there is to undo mate, I must stress though do go carefully when lowering the rear beam as those crusty ole brake lines are fragile and if you damage anything you'll create yourself a while load of extra unwanted work - fortunately the parts are cheap as chips though.

Nov 14, 2020
That's all there is to undo mate, I must stress though do go carefully when lowering the rear beam as those crusty ole brake lines are fragile and if you damage anything you'll create yourself a while load of extra unwanted work - fortunately the parts are cheap as chips though.

thanks for the help mate. Think I’ll leave my jack under the axle and when everything is undone just lower it a bit at a time till I can get to the bushes :)

Reactions: Connor H and Rich.T
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.