SEAT Leon Strut brace

Rage

Sep 2, 2002
Visit site
Picked mine up today as well. It seems like it'll fit although I won't be able to get the engine cover on and off once its fitted.

Rage

Sep 2, 2002
Visit site
Lower brace went on without too much drama. The plastic tray under the engine on the diesel needs to be removed before fitting the bar. bolt in the bar and refit the cover.

Then spend 20mins trying to get the jack point covers back on.

CupraR-Rog

Just Cruising...
Jul 19, 2003
West Somerset
Visit site
ANDY BLUNT said:
As described a age ago when we did Rog's,we used a dremel . :cheers: Andy
Grind away about 2mm of the brace... and the sparks look pretty spectacular while you're at it...

...or in my case, while Andy was grinding away and I was having a cuppa... :thumbup:

tom.everett

Finally got around to fitting mine. I just couldn't drill the holes!!!.. but a mate of mine didn't seem to have a problem doing it for me!.. :)

What a nasty job!.. No real problems, Just not a nice job!... Bought long bolts so I could get them through the holes, from the wheel arch, then took absolutely ages to get the bolts down them!.. :( Then how many dremmel cutting disks! Must have used about 15 of the stupid little things. :thumbd:

O well, It does make a difference, although not sure how much is mental as compensation for the 6 hours of fitting!... :-o

But glad its now done!..

:cheers:

Marc Hughes

Can anyone tell me their experience of adding a lower front strut brace to the handling of their cupra. Will it alone make a significant or percieved difference to the handling of the standard cupra? At such small money for the S3 Front lower strut it seems a must do mod - if worthwhile

Rage

Sep 2, 2002
Visit site
I drove with just the lower one for a week or so and I would say it did make a difference. However that could be just wishful thinking. Still as you say its very cheap so seems silly not to get one.