Seat leon tdi fr mk2 engine light come on help?

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
Mine was bad a while ago http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=214944

Kept getting sensors replaced by Liverpool SEAT and a week later it would be the same. Took it to IMG & they replaced a fuse & wiring loom and touch wood i havent had a problem since. I havent even had the DPF light on

how much was the sensors? Did they keep charging you for them?

How much did IMg charge you for their work?

How long did it take at both dealers?

Did you get courtesy car?

SeanCorky

BMW E92 335i M Sport
Sep 4, 2008
Liverpool
I'm still under warranty for another 18 months or so, i haven't paid for anything so far.

I normally drop my car off at 9 and It's ready by 12

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
Id give them a call as well as the other one. Its before you go over the bridge on the right hand side opposite the spar. Went there after work but it was closed. I has the leaflet through the door from them weeks ago. Ring em both see what they say. Hope the sensor just needs taking out and clenaing that would be happy days. Not worth me going all way to dealers when not in warranty anymore. Long as these people sort me out there local.

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
Just has some guy in a audi 3.0 tdi q7 blasgt up behind me on a dual carrigeway. So I let him passed so when we came up to the roundabout for another stretch of dual carrigeway I follow him and see what I can do against it. Well its was pretty easily that he had to pull into the left hand lane. Talk about spitting your dummy out it was well funny.

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
This is odd driving home today and looked at my dashboard out the blue and the engine light has gone off. Should I worry about this anymore?

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
yeah my cruise control is working. Odd this. Still got it booked in for Saturday may as well call it off not paying for nothing always re book it if it comes on again.

Over the easter holidays my driving changed from motorway to driving round town roads so this could of made it clog up and come on. Now back on motorway for work and that seems to have cleared up and gone off completly

SeanCorky

BMW E92 335i M Sport
Sep 4, 2008
Liverpool
I've got VAGCOM & could scan it for you but I'm not going to be around St. Helens until next weekend. See what error codes It's throwing up. Saves paying for the diagnostics

FR_Flavoured

Sounds great (the light has gone off again now). So wouldnt worry about it any more. ;)

Would still be useful if you get an opportunity, to connect up VAG COM in your car, just to see what the previous error was about - as has been kindly offered by Sean above. ^

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
The light has come back on so have dropped it off to a independent vag garage locally. Said they will do the diagnostics then ring me so just sat at home waiting for the call. Hope its not to bad.

jrsmooth

Jan 6, 2009
Derby(ish)
Same as mine! Mine went off and back on again, it was the DPF Pressure Sensor that was intermittently throwing up bad values. Changed under warranty!

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
Thanks for that major bad news.

What else could it be.

If its the sensor how much is it gonna cost me.

Just so I know I am not getting ripped off.

Never trust garages dont know why.