Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
We made a 6 hour round trip to Kieran (East Yorkshire Retrofits) to have Seat Sound installed (along with a digital cockpit) and can confirm it's highly worth it! :cool:
Sounds good , did you have standard dials originally then and how much for the digital dash?

How much notice is needed to arrange installation of the kit?
Would I be able to book it with you and get the MIB sorted when I arrived rather than posting it?
The more notice the better, extremely busy at the moment :)

If we're installing it then there's no need to post anything, if you're wanting a DIY kit but you'd wanted to collect it then we could prepare the radio unit for you whilst you're collecting however it would be a quiet drive home as turning it up could cause damage to the speakers until the kit is fully installed

Reactions: J87

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Was told ages ago at the dealer that the front door speakers were the same, and just the rear door speakers were different bewtween SSS (of course plus centre and sub). There's one thing that gets me, the 8 speaker setup is rated at 4x20watts. The SSS is rated as 135 watts, is there a separate amp or just the headunit actually detuned, but can output an extra 20 watt to centre and assuming 35 watts to sub once unlocked?

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
I've sound deadened all my doors and the whole rear half of the car. Sound is very good right now, will SSS still be a big improvement?

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Was told ages ago at the dealer that the front door speakers were the same, and just the rear door speakers were different bewtween SSS (of course plus centre and sub). There's one thing that gets me, the 8 speaker setup is rated at 4x20watts. The SSS is rated as 135 watts, is there a separate amp or just the headunit actually detuned, but can output an extra 20 watt to centre and assuming 35 watts to sub once unlocked?
SSS has the same speakers as the standard 8 speaker system with the addition of the centre front speaker and the bass unit in the boot.
When the parameters are changed in the head unit the outputs are reconfigured and the wiring has to be altered to suit.

SSS has the same speakers as the standard 8 speaker system with the addition of the centre front speaker and the bass unit in the boot.
When the parameters are changed in the head unit the outputs are reconfigured and the wiring has to be altered to suit.
Perfectly put 🤙

This is a good question. I'm not actually sure on the exact wattage - however the radio is the same between factory fit SSS & non SSS cars and the changes are all wiring/sound parameter related :)

No longer have my Leon for people to look at/listen to. However if people are curious to have a listen, if you give me us a private message we can speak to customers and see if they'd be happy to demo the system

Reactions: Walone

Leeon

Sep 4, 2014
Really happy with the seat sound retrofit.
Kieran provided a great service. I installed it myself using the guides provided and a couple of adhoc questions which Kieran helped with very promptly.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

kimimaru

Feb 15, 2010
West midlands
No it won't sound better

It removes low frequencies from the door speakers to send to the subwoofer. If the subwoofer isn't there - neither will the low frequencies be :(

You could likely take the high level output destined for the subwoofer and feed an amp with it if it has a high level input, or convert it for an amp without

The units aren't that expensive to replace, however we ask that customers ensure parcels are insured for the full value as we do when sending them
I retrofit fitted this without the sub, and i am using mib 2 upgraded, not sure what version but its the preh radio, component protection removed and coded to the car but satnav needs activating, how much would be for your help ?

I retrofit fitted this without the sub, and i am using mib 2 upgraded, not sure what version but its the preh radio, component protection removed and coded to the car but satnav needs activating, how much would be for your help ?
If you've had component protection removed then all of the features should have been disabled. So how come you only need nav activating?

Also seat sound without the sub? 😕

kimimaru

Feb 15, 2010
West midlands
If you've had component protection removed then all of the features should have been disabled. So how come you only need nav activating?

Also seat sound without the sub? 😕
I had 5F0 035 858A i assume is mib 1 , had satnav and dab, i upgraded to 5QA 035 874,
£80 for Component protection removed and he coded it to the car but could not activate satnav, he did say coded seat sound, i bought the sub but didn't fit it because i want the satnav active first.
DAB, Bluetooth,vehicle settings, works but voice control, satnav no are not avaiable he could not activate it, he used odis to remove protection, i am using the 8inch screen he sold me £130

I had 5F0 035 858A i assume is mib 1 , had satnav and dab, i upgraded to 5QA 035 874,
£80 for Component protection removed and he coded it to the car but could not activate satnav, he did say coded seat sound, i bought the sub but didn't fit it because i want the satnav active first.
DAB, Bluetooth,vehicle settings, works but voice control, satnav no are not avaiable he could not activate it, he used odis to remove protection, i am using the 8inch screen he sold me £130
I'll message you

kimimaru

Feb 15, 2010
West midlands
20210720_220116.jpg

kimimaru

Feb 15, 2010
West midlands
The sound system i am not sure yet as i didn't connect the sub yet as don't have cable, was going to order one from ebay but delivery is over a month, seller is away and it shows delayed plus coming from china, not sure where to get the cable.
20210720_220008.jpg

Jan 31, 2021
Hi, i do not have a spare wheel.
Just an empty space. Do i have to get a spare wheel or is there something else?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.