Secondary Air Injection System: Incorrect Flow Detected

T7ODD

In the end a garage got the Forge tip on for me. It seemed to pick up a little better and I also saw a small increase in boost on my gauge so I was quite chuffed but 1 week after fitting, the engine light on the dash came on. I've just run VAG-COM on it and it says:
'Secondary Air Injection System: Incorrect Flow Detected---Intermittent'
I'm not saying it is the Forge TIP but wondered if the increased air flow had anything to do with it. I've swapped the GFB dump valve back to the Bosch one incase it was a combination of that and the TIP. I've also cleared the faults with VAG-COM and disconnected the negative battery terminal for 20 mins. I guess I'll have to just wait to see if it happens again.

wazo

Oct 13, 2003
lincoln
Visit site
In the end a garage got the Forge tip on for me. It seemed to pick up a little better and I also saw a small increase in boost on my gauge so I was quite chuffed but 1 week after fitting, the engine light on the dash came on. I've just run VAG-COM on it and it says:
'Secondary Air Injection System: Incorrect Flow Detected---Intermittent'
I'm not saying it is the Forge TIP but wondered if the increased air flow had anything to do with it. I've swapped the GFB dump valve back to the Bosch one incase it was a combination of that and the TIP. I've also cleared the faults with VAG-COM and disconnected the negative battery terminal for 20 mins. I guess I'll have to just wait to see if it happens again.

ive had this fault ever since ive had my n249 bypass my car has never run better

chris999

yeah that is true. i have the fault aswell, everybody i hav spoke to about it hav said just to leave it. although the light will keep coming on and if there are any other faults you aren't going to realise unless you do VAG scans every so often!

T7ODD

So what causes the fault then as I've never had it before :confused:
After resetting the ecu and putting the Bosch DV back on it's running back to standard dead on 7psi whereas before it was reaching 8-9. Maybe it's the stock DV or could be because I reset the ecu. The fault hasn't come back yet.

sedgers

ive had it, basically check all your secondary air hoses i jus replaced them and my fault has cleared..........bobs your uncle £5 of clear hose........job fixed!! sorted

T7ODD

Well because of the long 'off-shoots' from the Forge TIP, the vacuum pipe from the DV is against the bulkhead and one of the pipes going to the N75(?) valve looks a bit pinched up. Is it safe to cut down these 'of-shoots' for a bit more room? What's best - stanley knife? hacksaw?

T7ODD

3mm vac lines i use, nice and snug. :D

OK thanks, even for the ones off the N75 valve?

Is that a blow off valve you've been using?

It was the GFB hybrid valve. I have the fault back again with the standard Bosch valve! People say things about the GFB valve but it's caused no problems for me. Sometimes it was blamed when it wasn't its fault. It did make a nice sound. My car's silent with the Bosch valve and Dynatwist.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.