Service costs

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
You can service your car in any VAT registered garage using original parts and manufacturer specified schedule. However, don't count on any good will gesture from manufacturer, if something goes wrong just outside of warranty period.

I never serviced my cars outside of dealership network, because I don't keep them long enough. The oldest one was 4 years old but I used dealership due to it being in extended warranty period and service records were important for resale.

Deleted member 131219

So @Tormentor does moving to an independent still keep any warranty valid? TBH I trust them more than any main dealer..

I agree in as much as my Skoda estate went to a local garage from 18 months (when I got it) but the Karoq with a 2 service package is still with Skoda.. For now
Check the terms and conditions of your warranty. I’d be very surprised if it prevented you from having the car serviced by an independent garage. As I understand it, that kind of restrictive behaviour isn’t permitted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KiwiCupra

EuKiwi

Jul 7, 2021
Bavaria, Germany
You can service your car in any VAT registered garage using original parts and manufacturer specified schedule. However, don't count on any good will gesture from manufacturer, if something goes wrong just outside of warranty period.

I never serviced my cars outside of dealership network, because I don't keep them long enough. The oldest one was 4 years old but I used dealership due to it being in extended warranty period and service records were important for resale.
Same here... but in my case it's because I lease cars - simply don't want to bother with a car outside of warranty period, and usually have servicing bundled in somehow.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Has anyone any definite guide as to what costs to expect for servicing at a dealers without a maintenance plan? Trying to work out whether I'll be better buying 2 years cupra care when my car is registered (so at the reduced rate) or whether it'd work out a similar price to just pay for the servicing as and when I need it done. Will be leasing the car over 3 years.

Tell

Staff member
Service plan you beat inflation. More you buy in terms of years the better it gets.... least that's how the Seat standard prices work. In other words they are using your interest but given interest isn't high you gamble the price will go up.

I see they don't seem to layout the prices on the Cupra side as far as I can tell on the web link. The Seat ones you fill in your details and you see cost effective ones that the local dealers don't offer that go upto 4 years. Dealers do 1-2 years. Seat direct to 4 years including MOT and recovery abroad.

Above probably doesn't work for Cupras.... I bought 4 years last year on a standard Seat.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I thought you could only buy 2 years on Cupra Care?

Also, does anyone know if you're tied to the dealership group you purchase it from, or can you have it done anywhere?

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
I thought you could only buy 2 years on Cupra Care?

Also, does anyone know if you're tied to the dealership group you purchase it from, or can you have it done anywhere?
I got 2 services, which should last 3 or 4 years depending on usage and mileage. You're not tied to any dealer and you can book in at any Seat or Cupra Service Centre - I bought from Slough but will use Swindon for servicing

Tell

Staff member
Might be worth hitting the link in post 45 but you have to be out of contract for it to give you options. Well I'm wondering whether it works for Cupras or whether they insist that you must go in and speak to someone. As said the long ones are only sold for Seats online. Really if you are planning to keep it. Worth a try for someone who hasn't got a current plan... or may be it doesn't recognise Cupra in that case its the dealer. If you got a Seat and plug in your details it tells you, you have a current plan. If you put your details in for a Cupra and blows a raspberry then you can't buy a plan that way.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I got 2 services, which should last 3 or 4 years depending on usage and mileage. You're not tied to any dealer and you can book in at any Seat or Cupra Service Centre - I bought from Slough but will use Swindon for servicing

I'll be leasing mine over 3 years so certainly won't need any more than that.

Sep 15, 2023
Hi @Agnes.Surrey , it is set to Annual I think based on these numbers and I don't mind that as I do a lot of very short journeys primarily so an annual service is fine for me.

I was just hoping to do it annual from delivery anniversary rather than build date.

As you say, it might change in some time.

It is is with VWFS but I don't think I will be terminating early as 55% is a lot. A few weeks before 4 years will be fine I suppose.

Might give Johnson's fleet a call and see what they advise for seat.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
I have just had my four year old 2.0 TSI Ateca serviced and MOT'd by a main dealer. Including the air-conditioning service, the MOT, the service itself and a new key fob battery, the total cost was £729.87. The car has done just over 30,000 miles. I was shocked and when I challenged the cost I was informed (by the visibly embarrassed service manager) that SEAT has recently adjusted their pricing to consider the high cost of parts, etc. I was also informed that the 4 year service is a major one. Looking at the service sheet, the only addition seems to be the spark plugs, however.

I payed up, of course, but the relationship was sour from then on. Next year is a DSG oil and filter change at a cost of £250 plus the service.

Have any other members experienced similar outrageous costs? I think going forward I will sell up and buy a standard two wheel drive car with a manual box. Shame really, because it is a great car.

Tell

Staff member
I have just had my four year old 2.0 TSI Ateca serviced and MOT'd by a main dealer. Including the air-conditioning service, the MOT, the service itself and a new key fob battery, the total cost was £729.87. The car has done just over 30,000 miles. I was shocked and when I challenged the cost I was informed (by the visibly embarrassed service manager) that SEAT has recently adjusted their pricing to consider the high cost of parts, etc. I was also informed that the 4 year service is a major one. Looking at the service sheet, the only addition seems to be the spark plugs, however.

I payed up, of course, but the relationship was sour from then on. Next year is a DSG oil and filter change at a cost of £250 plus the service.

Have any other members experienced similar outrageous costs? I think going forward I will sell up and buy a standard two wheel drive car with a manual box. Shame really, because it is a great car.
Probably service costs out of the plan. The plan ones in the UK are fixed the same all over. The out of the plan ones will be sensitive to local market conditions. I see you are in Moldova, so I pass on them. It's important to check that the service plan checks and services items out of the service plan. The Erwin manual online is your gospel for that. A conversation with the service department and their log will reveal anything missed.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.