SFS Pancake pipe - knackered already !

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
OK

been running the brand new SFS pancake pipe setup for about 5 months now, and this is the third time ive been geeting a boost leak from it in that time, took it all off today to find this. This is the hose from the turbo end, its all perishing inside and the psi is making it slip off the coupling and hose clip just wont hold it in place :censored:

DSC03699.jpg

Pic when it was new

DSC03087.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Oh dear... I was debating to get a 3" TIP from SFS too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

i have the tip from them aswell and that seems to be fine, but this pancake pipe has giving me nothing but headaches.

Ive just sent SFS an email.......what can they do about it ?

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
yer i have SFS coolant hoses and TIP and all fine, just this pancake pipe :censored:

Do Forge do one?

Get onto SFS about the pancake pipe though, it's not good enough. But complaining and sending products back is the best way to get a better version made up so they can improve their own hoses.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Save your money it's not worth the extra you pay! Go SFS :)

Have you had the badger5 one as well? I seem to remember someone doing a thread comparing all 3 and the B5 one came out on top.....

Depends if you want the BEST for your car, or something that is just 'OK' :)

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Have you had the badger5 one as well? I seem to remember someone doing a thread comparing all 3 and the B5 one came out on top.....

I've had oem, Forge, B5 and SFS.

Car has performed better with the SFS than any of the others and like for like. There are newer versions of the B5 now but they are too much money IMO and I don't see the need for a billet adapter, just an all silicone piece makes more sense to me.

SFS came out on top if you ask Awesome GTI for their graph I remember seeing.. ;)

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
James the SFS isn't just 'OK' - the only reason the B5 is more expensive is because of the billet adapter, which from my experience makes no difference to the car. Have you had all of these TIP's?

B5 is not 'the best' IMO. You really need to have had them on your car to know where I'm coming from.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Not going to start another TIP war, I'll let people spend their money on what they want to spend it on.

There is no tip war mate... You just have to have experience of all the TIP's to make a sound call on which works the best when it's an integral part of the car :)

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
The new b5 v3 tip is out very soon. All in one silicone but larger bore over the sfs tip. Cost wise its going to be pretty much on par with the sfs. The badger 5 v3 should kill the market off should the other companies decide not to make another.