She's dead !!

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
yeah I know you can, but doesn't contain the switch part, which literally fell off (I mean you know the tab on it, it broke) kinda stupid

mike I know the ratchet mech isn't covered, but that ain't broke!!!

don't get me wrong, like the kit, but bit silly, all I want is that stupid switch thing changed, as everything else works :(

Mat Lock

Carless Wonder
May 24, 2007
Purley, Surrey
www.mat-lock.net
Really, she always made a horrendous starting up noise, but since the cold weather just does this.

I'll check the battery and see if I can jump her. It had a new battery when I bought it last May. Can't beleive it hasn't lasted a year

Mat Lock

Carless Wonder
May 24, 2007
Purley, Surrey
www.mat-lock.net
Right, got car started, simple jump from the other car. Now trying to get the new belt fitted as the other one had definitely snapped. There are 3 pulleys and I don't know which one to loosen to be able to get the belt around all 3. I am also not sure if I have the right tools for the job. I have an adjustable spanner and some 8,9,10,12,13,14,15,16 mm sockets and a set of allen keys. Anyone about to lend a hand

I have taken a picture...

repairs.jpg

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
The bolts that need loosening are on the bottom right hand pulley in your picture. In the bottom just off right of centre of the picture you can just about make out the top of the adjuster

Mat Lock

Carless Wonder
May 24, 2007
Purley, Surrey
www.mat-lock.net
ahh the thing that has like an inch of slide ??? I thought that might be the one in the first instance before I even posted. It was a bit rusty so have sprayed some wd40 on it, will let that loosen it up then have another go. Never start a job on an empty stomach haha me hunger.

Mat Lock

Carless Wonder
May 24, 2007
Purley, Surrey
www.mat-lock.net
I've loosened that bolt but I can't access what seems to be the other two that hold that pulley to the other part. I dont have a tool to access it. Can I remove the actual pulley with allen key ?? Does that do any damage/cause problem ?

Mat Lock

Carless Wonder
May 24, 2007
Purley, Surrey
www.mat-lock.net
Right, I undid the 2 bolts which looked like was holding the pulley to the rest of the car, did it move, hell no. Undid another bolt on the other side of the pulley, did it then move, of course not.

What flippin bolts do I have to undo to get this pulley to move inwards. The Haynes manual is about as useful as a punch in the head !!!

HELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
You undid the smaller one of the pair at the bottom on the slider yeah, theres a big nut behind the one you undid. Turn the big one and it should move the whole pulley inwards.

Mat Lock

Carless Wonder
May 24, 2007
Purley, Surrey
www.mat-lock.net
well I have given up. SPent nearly 4 hours f'in about under the car, on here, under the car, down halfrauds and I am still none the wiser. Such a simple job and yet I cannot work out it out for the life of me.

I have tried that bolt, all I have succeeded in doing is mashing up the teeth. So prob now completely screwed it for life now.

Mat Lock

Carless Wonder
May 24, 2007
Purley, Surrey
www.mat-lock.net
IMAG0085.jpg

I cannot seem to get the bolt to travel up the teeth edge.

IMAG0086.jpg

and now it looks like the nut on it has been damaged.

Is the bolt through the middle supposed to be tight or loose. Is the larger bit supposed to be tight and then I turn it.

No matter what I do at the moment it is not turning and chewing up the teeth :(