CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Tempted by red wheels tbh. That may just happen over/after the winter. Need to get the front arches rolled before I can drop it more.

Nope not purple :p

I have actually been looking at and considering Dish over the last month or so. :ban: :blink:

look at the ollinge Mims on my old Ibiza in my R/R thread.. now look at your.. now look back at the ollinge mims.. now back to yours......;)

DavidN

Waxy Detailing Detailer
Jun 21, 2011
Hartlepool
Hi!

just a few pics of my new LED light conversion inside.

almost completed now, just have boot, foot wells and rear foot wells to do now.

Excuse the dodgy pics the camera wouldn pic up the blue very weel, its almost like ultra violet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scrzp2W2rBI

dsc02020or.jpg

dsc02023xt.jpg

dsc02029fs.jpg

dsc02032ul.jpg

dsc02033i.jpg

dsc02044ma.jpg

dsc02046a.jpg

dsc02041sj.jpg

Would like some help on how to change all the different dials and lights to other colours aswell please!

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
the clocks come out easy enough, the little bulbs are 509t cheap as cheap, one for each display screen and a couple up the top. there is an orange plastic stip in there aswell, take that out and the colour will be more vibrant

DavidN

Waxy Detailing Detailer
Jun 21, 2011
Hartlepool
yea i plan on taking the poxy strips out. thanks crezz will get me hand on some blue ones!

will get pics up when done

LMJ

Previously CEY_CLS :-)
May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
I wouldn't bother on the dials front mate... If you want to do a proper job, get a LED strip, with about 4-6 LEDs on each... I found changing the bulbs only gave out poor light, hardly illuminated the bottom half, let alone the temperature and petrol gauges.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hi!

just a few pics of my new LED light conversion inside.

almost completed now, just have boot, foot wells and rear foot wells to do now.

Excuse the dodgy pics the camera wouldn pic up the blue very weel, its almost like ultra violet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scrzp2W2rBI

dsc02020or.jpg

dsc02023xt.jpg

dsc02029fs.jpg

dsc02032ul.jpg

dsc02033i.jpg

dsc02044ma.jpg

dsc02046a.jpg

dsc02041sj.jpg

Would like some help on how to change all the different dials and lights to other colours aswell please!

That looks good mate :thumbup:. How have you wired all the LED's up. Like Crezz says get rid of the rest of the orange off the clocks.

I wouldn't bother on the dials front mate... If you want to do a proper job, get a LED strip, with about 4-6 LEDs on each... I found changing the bulbs only gave out poor light, hardly illuminated the bottom half, let alone the temperature and petrol gauges.

It must depend on the bulbs, Ive changed mine from orange to red and mine light up the dials rather well, better than the orange IMO.

DavidN

Waxy Detailing Detailer
Jun 21, 2011
Hartlepool
:D thanks craig

im well happy with it.

and yea ive used led strips, the cubby hole is a 24 led one and the current dash one is18 leds.

i just need time to tke the whole unit owt now, couldnt get it past steering wheel the other night! any ideas cos cant get to the bottom bulbs.

im guna leave the black and yellow clocks as IMO the look brill lit up with blue. the yellow is almost fluorescent!:clap:

anyone fitted lights in boot? any pics?

DavidN

Waxy Detailing Detailer
Jun 21, 2011
Hartlepool
That looks good mate :thumbup:. How have you wired all the LED's up. Like Crezz says get rid of the rest of the orange off the clocks.

It must depend on the bulbs, Ive changed mine from orange to red and mine light up the dials rather well, better than the orange IMO.

i fitted them by removing the two existing bulbs, pulling the red strip out, sliding the leds through the holes (had to trim mine as were to long) and once inplace, soldering the wires to the positive and negative strips, simples;)

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
:D thanks craig

im well happy with it.

and yea ive used led strips, the cubby hole is a 24 led one and the current dash one is18 leds.

i just need time to tke the whole unit owt now, couldnt get it past steering wheel the other night! any ideas cos cant get to the bottom bulbs.

im guna leave the black and yellow clocks as IMO the look brill lit up with blue. the yellow is almost fluorescent!:clap:

anyone fitted lights in boot? any pics?

The clocks should come out through the steering wheel, I had my standard steering wheel on when I changed my bulbs and got them through the steering wheel.

I have a light in my boot but its a boot light from a Gti. Works rather well. Although I am planning on building abit of a boot build.

i fitted them by removing the two existing bulbs, pulling the red strip out, sliding the leds through the holes (had to trim mine as were to long) and once inplace, soldering the wires to the positive and negative strips, simples;)

How did you wire up the one in the centre console and footwells??

LMJ

Previously CEY_CLS :-)
May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
David, I've fiddled with clocks / units many times on my old Ibiza :)... Basically, carefully unscrew the two screws (which I'm assuming you've already done), and slide it forward on it's resting pivots. Disconnect the connector to the rear of the unit so you've got a little more play.

Now for the tricky part, leave it on one of the pivots and get it out at an angle, sideways... it should come out. Be careful not to scuff the dash cutout too much, or tear the dash plastic / facing. Finally pull it through the steering wheel as Craig states. You'll get it out, with care, I did :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.