show us your gauges!

shantybeater

loving the whoosh
Sep 28, 2007
Bournemouth & Brighton
Hi ppl i've seen a few gauges about & just want to see whats out there & what they look like. What you got? how well does it work with the orange/red dash color? any pics??

Also what type of gauges are people running??

i'm thinking the most important are : boost, oil pressure, oil temp & air/fuel ratio? anything else?

Cupra Iain

PSN : Jebus_1979
Feb 2, 2005
Cheltenham
Defi electronic gauges, boost and oil pressure...

CIMG1256.jpg

CIMG1255.jpg

shantybeater

loving the whoosh
Sep 28, 2007
Bournemouth & Brighton
PJ - EGT??? is that exhaust gas temp?

peter - I'm glad you posted that up, my old cupra had exactly the same holder, where do you get them from?

Also can anyone clear up something, i heard somewhere on a thread that we cant run air/fuel ratio gauges???? is this true??

Thanks for the replies..

Last edited:

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
Its about £10 from you local Seat dealer, don't end up paying over inflated ebay prices for it. Part number is 6K0 863 263 or 6K0 863 263 01C.

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
Peter0976: Im about to order the same autometer phantom gauges that you have, do they come with red LED´s fitted or do I have to by them elsewhere??? Are they easy to fit (leds)???

Prebs

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
Hello Prebs

The gauges come with normal bulbs but I replaced them with red leds that I bought from ultraleds.co.uk. I cannot remember what model they were as I no longer have the Cupra, they are really easy to fit, the bulbs just twist out. LED bulbs must be wired the correct way round unlike a nomal bulb, check this before finishing your install.

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
PJ - EGT??? is that exhaust gas temp?

Also can anyone clear up something, i heard somewhere on a thread that we cant run air/fuel ratio gauges???? is this true??

Thanks for the replies..

Yes exhaust gas temp. If they get too hot with IHI its a sure fire way to make the exhaust housing cracks and warps so it needs monitoring.

We only have narrow band lambda sensors as standard but when you install an afr gauge you use a wideband lambda sensor in a new boss in the exhaust so there is no reason you cant run one.

That gauge holder is the ibiza cupra r gauge holder. From the dealer or somewhere like TTS for about £10-£15.

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
I cut out the bottom of the cubby hole as my gauges also clashed and I also bolted it through at the top on each side.

SEATCOOBER

LOVE MY IBEEZA!!!
Mar 11, 2007
LINCOLN/NORWICH
how did you screw it in, did you take the centre console out because you cant screw it in with the gauge holder in place cos the screw holes are in the back if you get me!!

May 16, 2008
southampton
there are two under the gear gator an the gator has 4 clips on the side you can feel them through the gator just pull them an then your see the screws..