Show your interior mods

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Making a raised floor
20220312_133332.jpg

Have now ordered a hydraulic hole punch and dimple die kit. So I can reduce the weight of the panel but the put strength back in with the dimple die.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
4f216e4d7aeb8d7b49963277e002e2d5.jpg

Camera makes it look more grey than black, but I'm pretty impressed with how it feels like suede.

I'll see how I get on with this one door before attempting the others. It's possible I might not have to take the fibreglass insert out, but if that's going to affect the finish I'll just do it the hard way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
e52f584afe989a2ee57ef558e427ce34.jpg

Thought I'd do it before it started raining.

Some creases at the bottom, which I know are going to annoy me, but it's my first time and at least it is stuck where the sag was more noticeable.

Sent from my iPhone

e52f584afe989a2ee57ef558e427ce34.jpg

Thought I'd do it before it started raining.

Some creases at the bottom, which I know are going to annoy me, but it's my first time and at least it is stuck where the sag was more noticeable.

Good job there bud, as said you will be a pro soon, maybe a clothes steamer may help get them few creases you have our.

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Thanks! I'm a real perfectionist when it comes to stuff like this, so I should be happy it wasn't a disaster...

I should be able to pull the creases out - when I was manhandling it and trying to position it, it stuck down and I needed to pull it away, so the suede has released a little from the door card, meaning it's more wrinkly. I think I can either spray it again underneath or maybe get some of the stuff you can paint on in the hope it'll be easier to control it. I need to go round the edges and stick it down anyway, so maybe some a-clamps will help there.

All in all though, it's definitely doable. It's a pain getting the old foam off and getting the insert out of the door card, but as long as the glue holds in the armrest bit for a few years, I'll be OK.

It helps that the company I bought it from seems to have sent me much more than I ordered, so if I make a mistake it's a little less of a disaster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I keep finding cat hair in my car. OK, so my girlfriend has a cat, but I'm finding these hairs on the parcel shelf, weeks after I vacuumed out the car.

As it's sunny I bought some ice lollies today. Good excuse for using them to mix and apply the epoxy when I put my door back together.

Right now I really can't be bothered to spend the time doing the others, so it looks like I'll be having one suede door and three with crappy peeling cloth trim for the foreseeable.

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
At least you got an interior
Reminds me of a friends loyal golden retriever.
About eight years it travelled all over the county with him in his nice Saab. Patiently waiting, whilst he did his business.
About eight years plus one day it decided to destroy the entire interior of the car, leather, foam, radio, instruments all shredded.
Bored dogs are trouble.