side skirt fixing .

skeeno

skinflint
Mar 23, 2009
glossop
hi could anybody tell me the best way to fix my side skirt to side of car its coming away from sill ? ;)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
i used tigerseal, the stuffs amazing/pisstake to take off your hands and nails lol (but you rather that then it being non-sticky and your sideskirts come off)

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
alrite,
im looking to fix side skirts to my ibiza so i figured id post here while everyones still on the subject :D...and before anyone tells me to research i have :D but not found anything useful enough :(

might sound abit nooby :redface: but ive found some skirts that were fitted to the ibiza 99 3 door model, ive got the pre facelift 1996 5 door.

would they be the right size to fit to my car? also will i need the mounting clips or could i just use the tigerseal adhesive and stick them straight on?

cheers in advance

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
i'm sure someone said the wheel base is the same, so i guess that means they would fit!
(looking at parkers, the 3 and 5 door have same length so i guess they will!)

http://seatcupra.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=58&Itemid=6

you will need the clips from seat dealer, and then screw them onto the side of the car (you will need to line these clips with the actual sideskirts, it's not that hard) and then i would tigerseal them to make sure they don't come off!

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
i contacted the guy that hs the skirts and he told me they are roughly 1750mm in length, i then measured the distance of the sills on the car and they seem slight longer at about 1780mm :shrug:

so i dont know whether to risk buying them as they're on ebay....

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.