Side Skirt Trim Jacking Points

Omega1

Nov 7, 2004
Anyone out there got any idea on how to get the small hung plastic trim bits where the front jack locates to locate back into the side skirt, Followed the Seat way but it keeps falling back down thanks in advance.

Sekim

Road Rally Addict
Jul 10, 2004
Southampton
They are a right :censored:!

I think you have to clip the front in first and then the back. If you can hold the rest of the skirt to stop it flexing this may help. Also I've had more luck with a short sharp thwack than sustained pressure!

Think I spent over an hour lying in the road beside my car trying to do this!

Perhaps one for the Leon FAQ :)

Haribo

I had trouble putting mine back too, tried for 30mins. So just ended up keeping it until m y next service. So when I took it to the dealers just told them to put it on. They took half an hour to do it themselves!

Omega1

Nov 7, 2004
Thanks for that, I found by unscrewing 3 screws along the skirt, I could unhook the front part of skirt and get the bit back in with no probs, need to make it have a bit. :)

Shotgun2006UK

Finally figured out how to re-fit the jack point trim cover! Took ages lying in the road but got it in the end. Thought I’d share my experience to hopefully help someone else.
You’ll need a flat blade screw driver (short enough so that u can use it as a lever under the car – no need for a ramp as per Seat's instruction!!).
With one hand, gently lever the trim out from under the car by trapping the screw driver between the chassis and trim. With the other hand put the trim cover in place on the outside of the car first and then ease the contact points under the car into position (they won’t click in at this stage). The two points under the car are the trick; u can almost ignore the middle one. With the trim still levered out of position gently apply pressure on one side to push one contact point in ‘til it clicks and then the other should follow quite easily. Good luck. If I can do it anyone can!

CORTYS CUPRA R

How annoying - Just picked up my 2005 Leon R today drove it from the garage - got on the motorway and the blimmin' jack point cover fell off and flipped right in the middle of the M5. So now I have a nice shiney car with a hole in the side skirt - Nice!!!!! Didn't think I would be buying parts after owning it for less than 15 minutes!!!!!
Does anyone know the part number from SEAT Please? - it's the drivers side front that's gone. Thanks for your help. Matt

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.