since im new.... time to show my car

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
Hello, as some of you are aware i purchased a ibiza MK3 around 6 months ago, but had not found this site untill recently!

well here is my pride and joy.... and i probably look after it more than the g/f!

l_e81bcf94f1f461a80d84baed8ffbec21.jpg

l_ae3a19bdab92579bfeb781a4dfa09824.jpg

l_9c1f6712c927e706fd110682662b9e89.jpg

l_1d1cb55c8736b58b829f8abbb943a3f2.jpg

l_dc446efcb9d3e6d83366b6e8824a44a4.jpg

l_1809cbd8dd7eb7947c114e28a6694203.jpg

l_a93bff5fc6b5e29788305447c0002df7.jpg

these pics where taken after a good wash using

autoglym car shampoo
autoglym super resin polish
lambs wool mit.
3 microfiber towels

still have a lot to improve on my detailing habbits but i am sure i will get better at it!

current mods are:
mutant 6x9's (rear parcel shelf)
mutant x 12" sub with some sort of amp.
sony mp3 6 cd changer in the boot.
16" seat cupra wheels.

any comments please :D

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
check out the detailing section mate on this site if you gonna get into it, there is loads of info on there about different products, but very good attempt just using the resin polish looks very nice:yes:

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
thanks guys :), yes i have checked out the detailing section and its pretty amazing what some people can do. unfortunatly i dont have a huge budget like others do for cleaning / polishing stuff. so im on a very basic /minimal cost detailing session :).

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
yeah i know what you mean, it can get costly autoglym does give good results but tends not to last too long, meguiars stuff you can get from halfords is very very good and it tends to last longer too. it's a bit more expensive but you can normally get 3 for 2 offers on it:D

Deleted member 13581

Very nice.

Red looks great when its clean.

Any other plans for it?

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
Im honestly not sure what im going to do about ride height and other things.

I am currently in a bit of financial slow patch at the moment. I get paid £700 a month because im in an apprentice. Im trying to save £400 a month because within 5 years I need to have a £20K deposit for a house as I want to move out ASAP. Im still paying off an interest free over draft of around £500 because of the car/ my stupidity.

So depending on how much it costs to lower and as long as it does not upset the geo on the car etc then I don’t see why not.

As for other plans.....I have just ordered a HID conversion kit.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115832

I need to get a new front wheel or two as they where totally neglected by the last owner.
I may get an exhaust but I don’t want my car to be chav, so an underpowered car with an upgrade exhaust is a no no in my books.

Any things you lot can recommend?

Adam

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
is it wheels or tyres that were neglected? try refubing them for around £55 a wheel cheaper than buying new alloys. as for the exhaust :think: i know the mk4 1.2 and 1.4 boys tend to put the cupra or FR exhausts on for a better but not chavvy sound. not sure wether you could do the same with maybe your models equivilant:shrug:

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
is it wheels or tyres that were neglected? try refubing them for around £55 a wheel cheaper than buying new alloys. as for the exhaust :think: i know the mk4 1.2 and 1.4 boys tend to put the cupra or FR exhausts on for a better but not chavvy sound. not sure wether you could do the same with maybe your models equivilant:shrug:

how much is an exhaust ? and does it just give a little deeper tone (which would be nice!)

the tyres are in brilliant condition. its the two front wheels that are corroded. looks like one was dropped on the front, and they are both slightly curbed.....
TBH £55 a wheel is a little silly because i have better plans for £110 than my two front wheels. maybe if i could buy some used, but in good condition that are cheap ..... then your talking!

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
how much is an exhaust ? and does it just give a little deeper tone (which would be nice!)

the tyres are in brilliant condition. its the two front wheels that are corroded. looks like one was dropped on the front, and they are both slightly curbed.....
TBH £55 a wheel is a little silly because i have better plans for £110 than my two front wheels. maybe if i could buy some used, but in good condition that are cheap ..... then your talking!

fair doo's mate just thinkingmaybe changing the colour of the wheels aswell, i opted out of refurbing my old wheels for the same reason, beter things to spend the money on :D...... er well not anymore whoops

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
Its good to see someone with a 1.4 doing the subtle mods. It looks so much better when its done like that instead of huge jap bumpers and lex-arse lights.

Id get rid of the chill sticker and the ibiza badge on the back and side, have it smooth all round.

Very good job on it mate, looks very good and is nice to see one styled like that.

Just dont put a Lax Power sunstrip on there ok?:lol:

Good work:D

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
how much is an exhaust ?

You could proberly get a decent back box on there for about £150-£200 quid.

A nice subtle twin pipe or even single pipe would look nice. About 2.5'' or 3" pipe would look nice.

Keep it subtle and it will work, Buy a decent backbox to avoid it sounding :gay:

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
Its good to see someone with a 1.4 doing the subtle mods. It looks so much better when its done like that instead of huge jap bumpers and lex-arse lights.

Id get rid of the chill sticker and the ibiza badge on the back and side, have it smooth all round.

Very good job on it mate, looks very good and is nice to see one styled like that.

Just dont put a Lax Power sunstrip on there ok?:lol:

Good work:D

:lol: i cant stand heaily modded cars with no power. i am not a chav and never want to be considered one. everything i do will be clean. no skirts, bumpers etc.
i am considering buying a stainless steel exhaust when i need a new one. so is there a back box that anyone could recommend that has life time warentee, that sounds subtle. no bake bean fat cans please!!!

Max power on my car.... i would rather be eaten alive by a turbo before any chav stickers hit my car.

i was thinking about taking all the badges off but im a little weary about any fade of the paint showing up....... also i may need to read up on how to get them off without harming my paint!

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
removing badges should be easy mate, heat badge up slightly with a hair dryer to loosen glue, then get a length of cotten(dental floss is best as it's stronger) an use it like a saw to 'cut' through the glue. then just wash and wipe away exess.:D

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
removing badges should be easy mate, heat badge up slightly with a hair dryer to loosen glue, then get a length of cotten(dental floss is best as it's stronger) an use it like a saw to 'cut' through the glue. then just wash and wipe away exess.:D

ok cool. will have to give it a go then :) so you lot recon removing the seat and ibiza badge and the cool/S stickers on side and rear ?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise