Slight hesitation on boost

Since getting Revo a few weeks ago, sometimes while accelerating when the car hits 4k RPM in 4th or 5th it backs off the boost for a few seconds. The car gets louder and accelerates fine after that (its almost as if the speedo and rev counter are trying to catch up with the car). Ive found its a lot smoother with the TCS off. It doesnt happen all the time only if I accelerate hardish. My first thoughts are to put the standard air filter back on as im sure i read somewhere that had caused the power delivery to be less smooth. Could it be that the induction kit is damaged from where the strut brace was knocking against it? Asfar as I can remember it was the same when I had the Revo trial in december.

Any other ideas??

gazjones

mine hesitates in second if i boot it with tc on! the light wont flash but still dies slightly so i have it off all the time if im going to put my foot down!

Doesnt happen in 2nd at all only 4th and 5th. Gonna put the standard air filter back on this weekend and see if it makes any difference. Hopefully theres nothing seriously wrong with it, I dont want to chuck any more money at it

gazjones

ah right i know mine also used to drop boost then pick back up again at max load only visible on bost gauge but stage two sorted that out, what fuel are you using could be that.

gazjones

ah not sure what it is then maybe try the standard air box and see if that solves the problem!

frboyz

Sep 26, 2004
Mine does it too mate, APR remap, K&N panel filer and Forge DV - is a little better on the APR 98ron remap, but I have just learned to live with it nobody has an answer - good luck!

gazjones

milltek and stage two might sort it out :whistle: hope you find a solution to this!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.