Smashed driver side front fog light

FR-RUSH

IBIZA FR TDI BLACK MAGIC
Dec 3, 2005
Islington
Cleaning my car the other day I found, much to my annoyance that one of my front fogs was completed smashed.

I gather from some initial calls that they are £60 in parts alone to replace.

I’m guessing that a stone off the m way was the culprit?

Anyone aware of somewhere cheaper to source these and maybe how to prevent it happening again?

Why don’t they have a stone guard over the glass?

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
this has been posted before mate seems that other than breakers this was the cheapers result weird I found as the full fog light kit is £130 :S. anyway good luck with it mate.

FR-RUSH

IBIZA FR TDI BLACK MAGIC
Dec 3, 2005
Islington
yeah i was quoted £120 incl of labour from seat stealer, buts its evidently a 10min job.

So i think i will be off to the motorists centre in canterbury for a good deal as always they save the day.

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
i woke up new years day to find the same thing!!

took both fog lights out, only took 5 mins to do both! i have been told its £71 from seat for a new unit!!

whats this place in canterbury? never heard of it! is it any good? might take a trip down there if they have them for cheaper

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
glass cant be replaced no as this has happend to my n/s fog light i heard it smash when i was having a play with an rx8 :p

think i payed like £60 for the part and easily fitted it myself job done.

they must be exstremly weak the glass isnt too think which is probably the problem

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
One of them smashed on my Ibiza too, IIRC it was somewhere around £60 from the dealer. A pretty easy job to do.

simon34

smoooooooth
May 2, 2006
northampton
glass cant be replaced no as this has happend to my n/s fog light i heard it smash when i was having a play with an rx8 :p

think i payed like £60 for the part and easily fitted it myself job done.

they must be exstremly weak the glass isnt too think which is probably the problem
Bugger ,
had similar fogs on my a2 i had before went through about 6 lights just gave up replacing them in the end

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Well, I covered 80k miles in my Ibiza, on pretty stone-chip-laden roads (the whole front was peppered with 1000's of stonechips to prove :( ) and only had one foglight go, so they can't be too weak.

Had protectors on the headlights tho, didn't fancy the idea of forking out if a headlamp unit got smashed (esp. as I had OE xenons), would have cost £££.

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
what courses are you doin at collage guinnes? if it isn't some kind of engineering change courses :lol:, never known someone to have that much cofidence in theirself to just go make something fit like you seem to do, ie fog light covers, dead pedal etc, the hat is well and truely off to you sir:worship:

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
do Electronics, physics and IT but spend most my time in the RM room with something or other lol and chears mate

loonymoon

Well, I covered 80k miles in my Ibiza, on pretty stone-chip-laden roads (the whole front was peppered with 1000's of stonechips to prove :( ) and only had one foglight go, so they can't be too weak.

Had protectors on the headlights tho, didn't fancy the idea of forking out if a headlamp unit got smashed (esp. as I had OE xenons), would have cost £££.

Where did you get your headlight protectors?? It was for a mk4 ibiza right? I noticed that the lenses on my headlights are a bit pockmarked with stone chips. Did they look ok and were they easy to fit??

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
Where did you get your headlight protectors?? It was for a mk4 ibiza right? I noticed that the lenses on my headlights are a bit pockmarked with stone chips. Did they look ok and were they easy to fit??

I've got headlight protectors on my Ibiza. They were fitted as part of the deal when I bought the car but they are obtainable from any SEAT dealer and just clip on.

They don't look too bad – not as good as the unprotected lights but better than cracked lenses.

You should be able to find details and prices on the SEAT UK site under accessories.:)

loonymoon

I've got headlight protectors on my Ibiza. They were fitted as part of the deal when I bought the car but they are obtainable from any SEAT dealer and just clip on.

They don't look too bad – not as good as the unprotected lights but better than cracked lenses.

You should be able to find details and prices on the SEAT UK site under accessories.:)

Thanks for that I just found them on the site, does anyone have any pics of an ibiza with them on? It says they have touring decals and I can't really imagine what that looks like!