Smoked Seat Leon side repeaters?

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I've just done the crystal clear set I had.

Smoke.jpg

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Well the paint was £10 and lights were about £5 off ebay. However I got the paint to do the rear lights as well. They are kinda grainy when you look at them real close up but they had about 5 light coats then two coats of clear laquer. I will fit them soon, maybe later when I'm back in :)

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Last edited:

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Allan I quite liked the look of those repeaters but went for the ones Damo got in the end.

Would be interested to see pics of those darker ones if you went for them though. At £15 I might change my mind :D

DamoR

Smoked!!!!
Oct 9, 2006
Birmingham
www.myspace.com
Allan post some pics when they come I got the impression they looked a bit cheap those ones. Mine look just like the standard ones but are just smoked, the look I was after.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Allan post some pics when they come I got the impression they looked a bit cheap those ones. Mine look just like the standard ones but are just smoked, the look I was after.

[:@] Cheap aint even the word, plastic shite more like. Got them today and attempted to fit.

1. They needed modding to get the bulb hold in. First by cutting off a bit of the plastic tube and then by melting small channels for the bulb hold to fit snug.

2. When you think your sorted they don't even sit flush. Too many poor bumps and bit to get in the way. The clip that is metal on the originals is plastic on these.

In summary poor, poor + poor and I've just stomped all over the feckers [:@]

Damo can you confirm yours have a metal clip at one side and does the bulb holder sit flush?, do you have a pic of the back of them?

Ta

Also while fettling I seen I could do with 2 new R badges. FFS this is gonna cost more money. I'm going to laquer the new ones with about 10 coats :happy:

DamoR

Smoked!!!!
Oct 9, 2006
Birmingham
www.myspace.com
Allan from memory the the repeater has a plastic clip on the one side this seems very strong and yes they fit perfectly flush. To be honest they look identical to the standard ones just smoked - buy them you won't be disappointed...

Bulb fits in repeater perfectly and then I just dropped corner without clip into aperture followed by the end with the clip and they sit great.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Allan from memory the the repeater has a plastic clip on the one side this seems very strong and yes they fit perfectly flush. To be honest they look identical to the standard ones just smoked - buy them you won't be disappointed...

Bulb fits in repeater perfectly and then I just dropped corner without clip into aperture followed by the end with the clip and they sit great.

Damo thanks for the info.

I'm just gonna take a dremel to the vw ones I smoked to see if I can mod the back of them. If not then I'll get the others anyway.

markirel

faster on 2-wheels
Apr 7, 2006
Midlands
Can't you get smoked side repeaters from the SEAT dealer? My old Tolly V5 (99)had smoked side repeaters from factory and they looked great, much better than the silver ones I have on my Leon now. When I have the car finally back on the road, its a mod I have planned myself. If Seat can't help I liked the look of the mk6 fiesta repeaters that someone has already added.

DamoR

Smoked!!!!
Oct 9, 2006
Birmingham
www.myspace.com
olaf its really easy slide a flat ended screwdriver into aperture under the repeater and lever the repeater out of the aperture. They pull out easily and this way doesn't damage the paint work luckily. Then twist the bulb holder and remove it plug the harness into the new repeater and then slide end of indicator without clip on into aperture and press other side in with clip to retain it in place. Hey presto repeater fitted.. :)

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
after reading this post i bought a set from abcdesign, look dead smart, should have done it sooner

DSC02025.jpg

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Rick - they look like the ones Allan had quality issues with - you have any simmilar problems?

My repeaters (same as Damos) turned up this morning, so will be putting them on at the weekend.

Might be tempted to swap for the darker ones though.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members