snapped dumpvalve connector

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
while fitting my TIP i managed to snap the top connecter (the one with the tiny hose attached to it), and iv tried a few places but cant seem to get any help...
it still works,still makes the tshhhh noise but i dont know how bad it can end up becoming.here it is;

what is the technical name for it?any way about fixing it?

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
No help but you're not alone - I did that when I took the plastic one out on my old LCR. However as I was changing it for a 007p at the time it mattered not!

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
is that a aftermarket dv he has, a stainless one, how the hell did you snap that?

i have a spare oe bosch dv if you need one, chuck us a pm if interested.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
By the looks of it you have a Bailey DV30. The vac connector that you have snapped just screws out, so it can be replaced very easy. Give Bailey a email and they will sort you out with one.

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
it connects to the top of 1 of the hoses,i had to disconnect it to get into the TIP.

thanks a lot!il email them and see what they say.better not hit me with the warranty crap :censored:

it goes in,but doesnt stay in.the screw thing is what im thinking about too.
i have a spare oe bosch dv if you need one, chuck us a pm if interested.

thanks mate,il let you know.im thinking of going for the forge or the turbosmart one if i have lost all hope...

Last edited:

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Not sure why the Bailey one is a plastic part its a bit of a poor design in my opinion, people must snap them a lot so they must have spares!!!

Yea, poor soft plastic design. You can replace them with a brass fitting as there will prob be no damage to the actuale valve.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.