So, I fitted a Polo rear wiper.....

Mattwood

Mar 7, 2009
Nr Southampton
...And now i can hear a clicking noise when the wiper sweeps.

I did a search for this but couldn't find a definitive answer, so does anyone know what this might be?

any help would be much appreciated,

cheers.

Arnoldo

Diesel Fr :D
Mar 22, 2009
N.Ireland
Maybe the nut isnt tight enough and shes clicking over the grooves. Also check that the blade as mentioned isnt scrapping off the window - aka its not to one side and there is sufficient blade.

One way of sorting it would be to turn it on and go to the back and wait for it to make the sound.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Some people will need to file/sand down the bottom of the cap that clips over the nut/washer nozzle. This is down to how the wiper motor is bolted on inside the tailgate, some poke through the hole more than others.

if the cap looks like it's almost touching the glass then pop it off and rub it on a piece of sandpaper to file it down by 2mm.

Mattwood

Mar 7, 2009
Nr Southampton
thanks for the help chaps!

i will go out and double check just after the F1 finishes, but i dont think the cap is touching the screen.

I didnt do the nut up as tight as it was when i removed the old wiper, but it is still pretty tight. its more of an annoyance than anything else.

I shall post an update later and let you all know how i get on.

Cheers!

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Could be the cap popping off it's mounting every time it moves. Or it's the arm on the screen. I've got a scratch on my rear screen because the arm was rubbing on it. Attacked it with a hacksaw and it's sorted.

Mattwood

Mar 7, 2009
Nr Southampton
Thanks for the help!

I had a look last night, and its not rubbing anywhere on the screen, and once I have my music on i cant hear it anyway! so i guess i'll just leave it as is for the time being. At least it looks better than the standard wiper!!

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
...And now i can hear a clicking noise when the wiper sweeps.

I did a search for this but couldn't find a definitive answer, so does anyone know what this might be?

any help would be much appreciated,

cheers.

What age is your car, this isn't just the washer spray bar top end starting to move with the wiper arm (the washer spray bar should remain stationary pointing straight up). If this is what is happening, then maybe you have forced an early spray bar failure when you "reworked" the rear wiper. These should be a repair kit available if it is the spray bar problem - run the wiper and check that the spray bar is stationary, if only to delete this as a possibility.

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
my rear window is scratched to hell its not only the cap that need strimmin sometimes the actual arm needs trimmin, just remember when i seen this, im off to trim mine just now coz it really does bug the hell outta me, like nails on a chalkboards when u use it

Mattwood

Mar 7, 2009
Nr Southampton
my rear window is scratched to hell its not only the cap that need strimmin sometimes the actual arm needs trimmin, just remember when i seen this, im off to trim mine just now coz it really does bug the hell outta me, like nails on a chalkboards when u use it

aah! mine isnt nearly that bad! i've decided that since its not scratching my rear screen any, and it cant be heard above the road noise of the car, let alone when i have my music on, im gonna leave it as is!!

Thanks for all your help though chaps (and chapesses!) i may need it again soon :p

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise