Software update A896

Risaw

Mar 5, 2019
Just book it in to be done at a dealer if you're still on 16xx . There's some huge update packages that can't be done OTA for the older cars
Softwares current version is 1790 from factory so assume this would be viable for the OTA update. Unfortunately my local SEAT dealer said they're having issues updating cars so I would have to take it to a Cupra dealer.

Can't tie mine in with a service as it's a lease w/ maintenance on a 2 year service cycle which is annoying so just need to find the time to book it in if it doesn't OTA

Jun 11, 2022
Hi all, this is my first post! I am driving a Seat Leon eHybrid 2021 and got an update to the version MOI3_EU_SE_R8960L, the design look different , I can enter the service mode by long clicking on the icon at the bottom left, this is kind of surprising. But the question I have is that I do not find the eManager anymore in the list of icons. Any hint where it is now? Thanks for your help!

Jun 11, 2022
Hi all, this is my first post! I am driving a Seat Leon eHybrid 2021 and got an update to the version MOI3_EU_SE_R8960L, the design look different , I can enter the service mode by long clicking on the icon at the bottom left, this is kind of surprising. But the question I have is that I do not find the eManager anymore in the list of icons. Any hint where it is now? Thanks for your help!
Hi all, I found it out, now the e-Manager is under Battery, thanks anyway!

Ian986

Jun 23, 2021
Our car did the climb update and is still downloading the other parts but the hybrid section has been completely changed for the better!

AntoniosL

Sep 30, 2021
Hi Cupra clan members, just an update. Called the dealer to book an appointment for my 1st annual service and explained that only half of the OTA download had been received and voice control was out of order. Today the service job along with the upgrade to 1896 was done. All seems perfect and I'm a happy chap.

raylee25

Jan 24, 2012
London
I did the OTA update last week, now i've noticed that the rear camera doesn't work. Anyone else has had this issue?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I did the OTA update last week, now i've noticed that the rear camera doesn't work. Anyone else has had this issue?
Not had the issue but are you sure it has done all three of the update packages ?
It took my car almost 10 days to complete the download and install of the full A896 update.

If you believe all of the update is complete - try re-booting the infotainment system
( press and hold the power button until the cupra symbol re-appears on screen )

butterycrumpet

Dividing by zero
Apr 28, 2021
Cheshire, UK
Not had the issue but are you sure it has done all three of the update packages ?
It took my car almost 10 days to complete the download and install of the full A896 update.

If you believe all of the update is complete - try re-booting the infotainment system
( press and hold the power button until the cupra symbol re-appears on screen )
The best way to test if the full A896 update has been installed it to try voice control (hola hola)

If it works, then you have the full A896. If not, then only part of it.

BigShep

Dec 2, 2021
I'm picking up my new 310 VZ2 tomorrow, and have been badgering them for 2 weeks to make sure that when I collect it, they've put 1896 on regardless of what it came out of the factory with. Sure enough, when I chased it this morning, it's on 1890, and the dealer is trying to fob me off by saying the car hasn't triggered an OTA update. It's so frustrating - either the salesperson is clueless, or deliberately avoiding having to ask their technicians to make the update. I'm guessing that 1890 isn't terrible relative to some of the older versions, but I'm fully expecting the ACC issue to be present. Not a good start.

butterycrumpet

Dividing by zero
Apr 28, 2021
Cheshire, UK
I'm picking up my new 310 VZ2 tomorrow, and have been badgering them for 2 weeks to make sure that when I collect it, they've put 1896 on regardless of what it came out of the factory with. Sure enough, when I chased it this morning, it's on 1890, and the dealer is trying to fob me off by saying the car hasn't triggered an OTA update. It's so frustrating - either the salesperson is clueless, or deliberately avoiding having to ask their technicians to make the update. I'm guessing that 1890 isn't terrible relative to some of the older versions, but I'm fully expecting the ACC issue to be present. Not a good start.
Due to VW's internal bureaucracy, they couldn't update it before you took delivery and charge the cost back to VW as a warranty job

They need to deliver it first to activate the cost code for the warranty work. I had a long chat about something similar with my dealer and he explained it's all red tape since about 2018 when VW tightened the rules around this

Also the ACC issue is not related to infotainment version (1896, 1890 etc) it's a module update that needs to be done to fix that. So it might be present or not! luck of the draw!

Reactions: BigShep

BigShep

Dec 2, 2021
Due to VW's internal bureaucracy, they couldn't update it before you took delivery and charge the cost back to VW as a warranty job

They need to deliver it first to activate the cost code for the warranty work. I had a long chat about something similar with my dealer and he explained it's all red tape since about 2018 when VW tightened the rules around this

Also the ACC issue is not related to infotainment version (1896, 1890 etc) it's a module update that needs to be done to fix that. So it might be present or not! luck of the draw!
Thanks BC, that's an interesting nuance. Doubly infuriating if they know about it, could fix it, and yet still have to send you away and get you back in later. Also - I had appreciated that the ACC issue required an update for a specific software module, but had not realised that 1896, as a dealer-only (i.e. not OTA) update, was still limited to the infotainment functions. What's the paradigm for these other ECUs then, do you know? Do they have individual version control, or are they grouped somehow? Can you even check those on the car (maybe with OBDEleven)?

klez

Nov 18, 2018
Does your car have online functionality? Without it, you won't get OTA updates

I don't believe you'll receive updates in privacy mode either
Cupra connect has expired (I am in the second year)
So I should do a connection sharing with my phone or connect the car to my home wifi ?
Thanks

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
The dealerships all talk bollocks. I did the same, and they replied to me saying:

the SW version in the vehicle is at 1890 and this is the latest available for this vehicle

I got the car and sure enough the day after I had a few OTA updates, and it's now showing at 1896. Thankfully all seems to have gone successfully, but just shows they'll try and fob you off.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Did you get OTA from 1890 to 1896?

My car was in the dealership recently and they told me the same thing: there's no update available for my car. I'm also on 1890.
I dunno, because I didn't check it when I got it, I was just told by the dealership it was on 1890 but didn't validate that. I had a few messages saying it was updating the day after but was all over within 10 mins or so. Out of interest I checked the settings and it was showing at 1896.

Reactions: Fencer60
Jul 10, 2022
I have just got my car back from the garage after I had a problem with an sos call coming up, please call or attend the workshop. I was told this was a software problem and they had done a software update on the car but I checked the version I had before i took the car in and it was A896 and it still has the same version now. Is this correct or should it now be 1896

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
I have just got my car back from the garage after I had a problem with an sos call coming up, please call or attend the workshop. I was told this was a software problem and they had done a software update on the car but I checked the version I had before i took the car in and it was A896 and it still has the same version now. Is this correct or should it now be 1896
A896 is the same as 1896 as yours was done ota and 1896 is done at the dealer.
The update for the sos problem is updated on the telematics module. The software should be on 142 but you can only check this using OBDeleven if you have it.