Software update A896

butterycrumpet

Dividing by zero
Apr 28, 2021
Cheshire, UK
Thanks BC, that's an interesting nuance. Doubly infuriating if they know about it, could fix it, and yet still have to send you away and get you back in later. Also - I had appreciated that the ACC issue required an update for a specific software module, but had not realised that 1896, as a dealer-only (i.e. not OTA) update, was still limited to the infotainment functions. What's the paradigm for these other ECUs then, do you know? Do they have individual version control, or are they grouped somehow? Can you even check those on the car (maybe with OBDEleven)?
Apologies for the late reply @BigShep - I don't often come on the forums as I used to, I really regret my formentor and the software issues and honestly am chalking up the days till I can switch for a different marque outside of the VW group

No you can't check on module versions without some diagnostics gear, less so update them. Dealers only, chargeable when we all inevitably drop out of warranty too which is all the more comical since they are taking literally years to push out updates and still things aren't right. I'm actually excited to have the argument about a charge for an update to fix some dodgy VW programming when my warranty expires in Aug 2024

Last edited:

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Mine updated OK today, now have CLIMA at the top of the screen. Interested to see what it’s fixed, a few menus and screens have changed. It still re-SYNCs the driver and passenger temperatures however, grrrr.
Worked this out, or rather now understand what happens - and it probably did this before A896. If the driver changes the temperature, both driver and passenger zones change temperature in sync. However, if the passenger zone temperature is changed, the sync is dropped and only the passenger zone changes to the new temperature setting.

Jul 22, 2022
Hello all :).

very interesting topic here. Have a lot of bug with my car. The gps cannot locate me a the correct position sometime, and impact android auto and CarPlay (because they based on car gps). Have a lot of bug with CarPlay and Waze (see screenshot). I’m currently on 1804. VW reseller told me that the new update (probably 1896) can be resolved my problem. I let my car during 2 days and they said me that the update was successful. However, the version is still 1804, only the map has change to 22.6. I’m very tired with them, 4 time I kept the car to the garage for nothing. Is anyone has the zip file? I know the procedure, it’s very easy. Have no notification for a year to have OTA update…

Attachments

• B370D40C-33D5-47E1-9796-D3E19511025B.jpeg
    B370D40C-33D5-47E1-9796-D3E19511025B.jpeg
    523.8 KB · Views: 231
  • 1F71E7A0-D520-440B-AB9D-7B4B5DF51E4E.jpeg
    1F71E7A0-D520-440B-AB9D-7B4B5DF51E4E.jpeg
    593.1 KB · Views: 219

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Hello all :).

very interesting topic here. Have a lot of bug with my car. The gps cannot locate me a the correct position sometime, and impact android auto and CarPlay (because they based on car gps). Have a lot of bug with CarPlay and Waze (see screenshot). I’m currently on 1804. VW reseller told me that the new update (probably 1896) can be resolved my problem. I let my car during 2 days and they said me that the update was successful. However, the version is still 1804, only the map has change to 22.6. I’m very tired with them, 4 time I kept the car to the garage for nothing. Is anyone has the zip file? I know the procedure, it’s very easy. Have no notification for a year to have OTA update…
I have a new 2022 Arona and a May 2021 Formentor. My Arona would often struggle to know where it was or. Which direction it was traveling in so ended up havi the online control unit (OCU) replaced to fix it. The dealer couldn’t find the problem at first until I went to leave the garage so went straight back and took their master technician for a drive and showed him some photos I had of it playing up some he sent them to Seat who told him to replace the OCU. I hope it helps?

GORDYDJ

Mar 9, 2024
How on earth did we ever manage with those boring cars with only a 2 band radio/cassette and 4 speed gearbox :ROFLMAO::LOL: