Software upgrade

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
You can get the latest 1940 update from here, hopefully fixes the rebooting problem.

I've found this one in some other place. Has anyone ever done a manual update? It might be obvious but are we going to void the warranty after installing this?

I want to try it, I saw someone doing the 1941 update on a VW Golf (from 1899) and after 4 days, he said that he had no more reboots and no other issues

istoyanov

Apr 6, 2023
Bulgaria
Hi, all these ligit without any guarantee issues ? Why dealres do not update the infotainment systems???
I am just waiting mine to arrive and your issues

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
It won’t affect warranty (at least in this country) if the fault is with another part of the car. If you try the upgrade yourself and it bricks the system, they have no obligation to help.

IIRC when you do an upgrade manually it trips a flag in the system that a dealer process would reset. You’d need some coding afterwards to reset this flag otherwise they could see you’ve attempted/completed an upgrade yourself.

Reactions: SRGTD

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
It won’t affect warranty (at least in this country) if the fault is with another part of the car. If you try the upgrade yourself and it bricks the system, they have no obligation to help.

IIRC when you do an upgrade manually it trips a flag in the system that a dealer process would reset. You’d need some coding afterwards to reset this flag otherwise they could see you’ve attempted/completed an upgrade yourself.

I wouldn’t attempt a DIY update / upgrade for this very reason, but that’s me being my usual risk-averse self.

I have read of a few cases on various forums where dealer updates have ‘bricked the system’ and the customer’s car has been left sitting at the dealer‘s for weeks waiting for VAG’s IT tech team to come back with a fix. I dread to think how much a dealership might charge to fix a customer’s failed attempt to upgrade to the latest version.

Last edited:

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
They wouldn't bother to fix it in UK at least. Replacemend of the main unit would be on your bill.

That is why I'm still staying away as my warranty would be void with this for sure. I don't think SEAT have this firmware awailable in garages.

The fimware is dated 29.3.2023 and main unit file are 08.5.2023

Last edited:

m3iss3li

May 16, 2023
I tried this one out and seems (luckily) it went through. Can't keep my hands off these. :LOL:

IMG5731.jpg

IMG5735.jpg

IMG5736.jpg

Received an OTA update right after this one, so at least it doesn't block anything in that regards.

IMG5738.jpg

Reactions: Shaun123

m3iss3li

May 16, 2023
Not
did you see anything new?
Not as of now, but did not go through it in depth. Keen on seeing whether this makes a difference on the random re-boots, at least for the Golf 8 1941 update seems done the trick.

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
Not

Not as of now, but did not go through it in depth. Keen on seeing whether this makes a difference on the random re-boots, at least for the Golf 8 1941 update seems done the trick.
The random reboots was driving me crazy. Updated mine as well nothing really new but if it’s more stable and no random reboots it’s a winner to me.

Reactions: m3iss3li

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Will be interesting to have a version change log from 1896 that should be nice jump probably solving some android auto issues too🤞

m3iss3li

May 16, 2023
Seat/VW must understand that is owners are fed up with a car that has had a crap infotainment software for ages this os why we are updating as dealers don’t seem to like to do it I’m finding
Yup. I'm most fed up with the rollout speed of new updates - I can live with bugs if I know when they're getting fixed. I can't understand why they can roll out new software more quickly. I've understood that this 1940 has been out few weeks already.

Also, it really depends on your local shop. Sometimes it feels that others have better access to new software than others.

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
Yup. I'm most fed up with the rollout speed of new updates - I can live with bugs if I know when they're getting fixed. I can't understand why they can roll out new software more quickly. I've understood that this 1940 has been out few weeks already.

Also, it really depends on your local shop. Sometimes it feels that others have better access to new software than others.
In the 1940 log it has a date of 29/3/23 so it looks as it’s been done a while. It become available on Friday last week on the Seat system and vw version was a few weeks ago. Seat are not the premium brand in the vag group so will always be vw to get it first.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members