SOS Error

Si1968

Nov 22, 2021
Ok, so my Leon went in yesterday for SOS unit replacement & software update to 1896. Got it back by 2pm & having driven around 15-20 miles so far, no popping sounds & no SOS error messages yet (touch wood). Apart from cosmetic changes on the infotainment screen, i’ve noticed the satnav voice is now male instead of female (need to work out how to change it back again), the light in the front doors is now a red glow instead of white & when I lock the car, the interior light stays on for about a minute instead of about 10-15 seconds before switching off - anyone else on 1896 got this?

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
I don't think the voice can be changed back to female? - she was more 'friendly' ;).

Ok, so my Leon went in yesterday for SOS unit replacement & software update to 1896. Got it back by 2pm & having driven around 15-20 miles so far, no popping sounds & no SOS error messages yet (touch wood). Apart from cosmetic changes on the infotainment screen, i’ve noticed the satnav voice is now male instead of female (need to work out how to change it back again), the light in the front doors is now a red glow instead of white & when I lock the car, the interior light stays on for about a minute instead of about 10-15 seconds before switching off - anyone else on 1896 got this?
1899 is the latest infotainment software, it's been out months 👀

It's likely they've updated other modules (such as the BCM) whilst it's been in

Si1968

Nov 22, 2021
Anyone got any ideas on if it’s possible to change how long interior lights stay on for once car is locked? seems to be about a minute since 1896 update this week.

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Thanks for heads up on that. Car

Anyone got any ideas on if it’s possible to change how long interior lights stay on for once car is locked? seems to be about a minute since 1896 update this week.
Question slightly off topic. Have you had issues with the mobile losing contacts and having to pair it each time on start up? Thinking it is a side effect of the SOS fault.

RoadXY

Feb 28, 2021
Question slightly off topic. Have you had issues with the mobile losing contacts and having to pair it each time on start up? Thinking it is a side effect of the SOS fault.
I've had a faulty SOS module but didn't have this issue.
It has been replaced a few months back.

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
I've gone back to using the guest account on the infotainment system as it defaults to private mode. Soon as I enable connectivity, I can guarantee the esim will lose connectivity at some point and throw the SOS error. Surprised there's not been a class-action against VAG over this as it's obviously a known issue.

Reactions: Oldboy racer

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
I've gone back to using the guest account on the infotainment system as it defaults to private mode. Soon as I enable connectivity, I can guarantee the esim will lose connectivity at some point and throw the SOS error. Surprised there's not been a class-action against VAG over this as it's obviously a known issue.
Had that thought also as the fault is acroos VW, Audi, Skoda and Seat. Not right that they are selling cars with a know fault.

Has your car been in for all of the available updates?

Jan 18, 2023
I was told part 3 kept failing updating from 1672 on my First Edition

Dealer kept contacting Seat Technical
The airbag module needed replacing... twice

What I was told happens is the module has a "crash" counter sometimes this counter increases randomly, the update doent apply if the counter isnt 0, the only way to reset the counter is a new module, unfortunately in my case the replacement module was a dud and it took them 2 months to realise this and try another new module
I'm in a similar boat to this. Bought a July 2020 FR in Jan this year and had the popping issue so booked it in with the dealer to replace the SOS module and update from 1672. After a number of issues on various control units and modules the latest I've just heard is that they think the car has been crashed previously due to the airbag module preventing updates being completed. Having not owned it from new I can't confirm if this is a genuine crash or not. It's now been in for 3 weeks and current status is the dealer waiting for an email back from SEAT Technical on the airbag module issue.

My question is, after getting all of this sorted (assuming it has been), are issues with the car sorted and the gremlins ironed out? It's a lovely car otherwise but I'm losing the will with the dealer and SEAT. Is it worth it in the end?

Part of me is now thinking to cut my losses and flog the car ASAP if it's just going to be hassle after hassle. That's assuming I ever get it back from the dealer!

May 22, 2022
I'm in a similar boat to this. Bought a July 2020 FR in Jan this year and had the popping issue so booked it in with the dealer to replace the SOS module and update from 1672. After a number of issues on various control units and modules the latest I've just heard is that they think the car has been crashed previously due to the airbag module preventing updates being completed. Having not owned it from new I can't confirm if this is a genuine crash or not. It's now been in for 3 weeks and current status is the dealer waiting for an email back from SEAT Technical on the airbag module issue.

My question is, after getting all of this sorted (assuming it has been), are issues with the car sorted and the gremlins ironed out? It's a lovely car otherwise but I'm losing the will with the dealer and SEAT. Is it worth it in the end?

Part of me is now thinking to cut my losses and flog the car ASAP if it's just going to be hassle after hassle. That's assuming I ever get it back from the dealer!
My dealer eventually did the update and so far no sos errors. Had a few dash lights indicating sensor issues and infotainment restarting itself. Car went back in and so far no sensor issues but infotainment still reboots when restarting the car after short trips. Dealer saying they have had a lot of issues with this model recently.

dan555

Sep 29, 2020

I sold it the next day after getting it back 2 months later, had no issues in the week I was waiting for it to be collected.

But I have read of a few cases where this crash counter has magically increased for no reason

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
My dealer eventually did the update and so far no sos errors. Had a few dash lights indicating sensor issues and infotainment restarting itself. Car went back in and so far no sensor issues but infotainment still reboots when restarting the car after short trips. Dealer saying they have had a lot of issues with this model recently.
I have the infotainment system reboot I’ve spoken to the dealer and seat uk, only thing dealer said they can do is do a reset on the whole system. Mine only started to reboot its self after an ota little update around January time before that it’s been ok.
I’ve had 1898 installed so on the latest for my car but still it reboots every now and again.
seems just piss poor how they don’t seem interested in sorting.

Reactions: Railwayman

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
I have the infotainment system reboot I’ve spoken to the dealer and seat uk, only thing dealer said they can do is do a reset on the whole system. Mine only started to reboot its self after an ota little update around January time before that it’s been ok.
I’ve had 1898 installed so on the latest for my car but still it reboots every now and again.
seems just piss poor how they don’t seem interested in sorting.
It's absolutely shambles. I fully agree on this and you can't do nothing. Even ombudsman wouldn't help. You can possible force them to replace Multimedia unit that would be too much stretch for them obviously. It is absolutely disgusting how Seat UK handles all these situation. Especially their franchise garage service centers

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
Got my car back from 2nd attempt at updates...
1st attempt (Feb): Update Infotainment from 1790 to 1898, and supposedly updated the telematics firmware. Still had the SOS errors and double-pops/loss of connectivity. GPS going nuts after this happens too.
2nd attempt (Mar): Still on 1898, but they've claimed to have done another software update (I'm assuming they've actually updated the telematics firmware this time). So far so good, no double pops, and no SOS errors, both of which usually manifest in the same areas. I've yet to properly test it as it's usually city centres that are the worst for it, but so far it's been ok.

Still have the damn reboot issue if you stop and get back in the car within 20 mins or so, but that'll get fixed in a later update hopefully.

Reactions: Railwayman

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Got my car back from 2nd attempt at updates...
1st attempt (Feb): Update Infotainment from 1790 to 1898, and supposedly updated the telematics firmware. Still had the SOS errors and double-pops/loss of connectivity. GPS going nuts after this happens too.
2nd attempt (Mar): Still on 1898, but they've claimed to have done another software update (I'm assuming they've actually updated the telematics firmware this time). So far so good, no double pops, and no SOS errors, both of which usually manifest in the same areas. I've yet to properly test it as it's usually city centres that are the worst for it, but so far it's been ok.

Still have the damn reboot issue if you stop and get back in the car within 20 mins or so, but that'll get fixed in a later update hopefully.
Have just had two updates during service yesterday so hopefully error is fixed. Will have to see over next week or so.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.