SOS Error

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
Turns out they were able to do 90T4 which is a campaign that seems to fall short of a recall, they've apparently done the TPI for 26004557/5 as well so lets see what happens :rolleyes:
You will notice the start/stop is a little more aggressive now you’ve had the 90T4 update done. Likes to turn the engine off more.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
You will notice the start/stop is a little more aggressive now you’ve had the 90T4 update done. Likes to turn the engine off more.
Have to look out for that one, that's not a great fan of start stop but we'll see how it goes.

Really just hope the SOS pop/click is now fixed.

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
Have to look out for that one, that's not a great fan of start stop but we'll see how it goes.

Really just hope the SOS pop/click is now fixed.
I’ve had the sos software update and to be fair it’s been fine ever since. So 🤞🏻 It does sort yours.

Reactions: Tell

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Hi All,

Update I noticed around this error. Whilst driving I started getting the clicking sound from the center speaker (like others have reported) before the SOS error shows up. I happened to notice that at that exact moment of the clicking the two symbols inbeween the mobile signal and notification symbol disappeard (see pic). They were there when I started my journey. This has happened a few times this weekend with the same pattern of events. Now this indicates a loss of connection to the outside world. I clicked on the icon to bring my profile and it was stuck in a circle saying connecting. For refference I was in a high coverage area. Soon as these symptoms started, I pulled over, did a soft reboot by holding down the power button on the infotainment display, and when it rebooted it came back with all 4 notifications present and connected back to the world and no further clicking. I had not moved an inch on the road during this experience so cannot blame cell coverage. I also use my phone as a mobile hotspot for data services and problem still persists if you use this method or the eSIM. I'm convinced there is a major bug here and the VAG group won't admit it because they need to do a recall which costs them money. It's not engine affecting so I think won't bother with it. Poor!

Would be good if others who get this issue can confirm if they see the icons suddenly disappear with a loss of connection to the world.
I have read the same comments in VW, Skoda, Audi forums and reckon you are corect that the bug fix via recall would cost too much. The quick fix when the fault occurrs is to push the red SOS button and wait for the system to come back and ask if you want to go ahead or cancel. This seems to wake up the lock up on the Sim/telematics and the system works.

pbird

Oct 26, 2011
Dealer had my Leon 1.5 eHybrid for software updates (was on software v1672). They tried once after which I lost navigation, cruise control and drive profile selection options. Back with them now and advised that parts 1&2 have updated ok but part 3 keeps failing to complete. They’ve had the car 2 days now and are awaiting Seat advice on current update problem.

I'm now in the same situation as this. Did all yours get resolved? Lost navi and cruise control, service desk said final update kept failing and they were going to have to contact Seat directly.

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
I'm now in the same situation as this. Did all yours get resolved? Lost navi and cruise control, service desk said final update kept failing and they were going to have to contact Seat directly.
I was told part 3 kept failing updating from 1672 on my First Edition

Dealer kept contacting Seat Technical
The airbag module needed replacing... twice

What I was told happens is the module has a "crash" counter sometimes this counter increases randomly, the update doent apply if the counter isnt 0, the only way to reset the counter is a new module, unfortunately in my case the replacement module was a dud and it took them 2 months to realise this and try another new module

Reactions: pbird
May 22, 2022
Not had the sos problem since they managed to complete the major software update, but have had dash error messages which disappeared after leaving the car for 10 minutes. Dealer said they are still getting software issues generally.

Si1968

Nov 22, 2021
My 2020 Leon FR is going in for its annual service next month & to have software update - doesn’t sound promising…

May 22, 2022
Mine will be two years old in December and to know that they still haven’t sorted out the software niggles is disappointing to say the least. Love driving the car and until this one had liked Seat, but now looking to trade it in for something non Seat, certainly before the warranty is up. Hope you have better luck with yours.

Railwayman

Jun 13, 2022
Lancashire
Blackpool SEAT had my Leon for two days last week and it does look like the pop click sos has been sorted. Had a good run out to Kendal on Sunday and the infotainment system behaved perfectly, including the sat nav, which directed us to the correct location.

pbird

Oct 26, 2011
I was told part 3 kept failing updating from 1672 on my First Edition

Dealer kept contacting Seat Technical
The airbag module needed replacing... twice

What I was told happens is the module has a "crash" counter sometimes this counter increases randomly, the update doent apply if the counter isnt 0, the only way to reset the counter is a new module, unfortunately in my case the replacement module was a dud and it took them 2 months to realise this and try another new module

Ah this doesn't sound great. This is exactly what they said to me when I collected 'the last update keeps failing' so they're in contact with Seat Technical and will get back to me. Software shows 1896 and Clima on screen. Was completely unware this meant I'd have no Cruise Control, Nav or Full Link as it turns out.

Was only in for a two year service as well!

Si1968

Nov 22, 2021
My Leon went in for software update in Nov but couldn’t be completed due to faulty SOS unit (so they said). Replacement unit being fitted tomorrow & software being updated. We shall see…

pbird

Oct 26, 2011
My Leon went in for software update in Nov but couldn’t be completed due to faulty SOS unit (so they said). Replacement unit being fitted tomorrow & software being updated. We

Seems to be a common problem.. Although in the end my garage didn't have to replace anything apparently(!), they had contact with Seat Technical and the issue for now seems to be resolved with the software updates alone.

Si1968

Nov 22, 2021
In Nov they said it seems faulty SOS units are causing the software issue. Tbh, i’ve got no confidence in them whatsoever & fully expecting yet another wasted journey tomorrow.

@East Yorkshire Retrofits have said about faulty telematic units which are changed by dealers. It was / is an issue across all VAG cars. VW were quicker to fix the issue but all the same issue. So I reckon from what I've read it's a hardware issue or atleast in some.
They've been replacing airbag units that have had a crash counter above 0 without an accident as they can't be updated

The vast majority of SOS faults have been fixed by telematics and infotainment updates. The amount of updates practically every module on the cars have had at this point is considerable, they've done a good job of sorting the issues - the cars should just never have gone into production with them 😂

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
They've been replacing airbag units that have had a crash counter above 0 without an accident as they can't be updated

The vast majority of SOS faults have been fixed by telematics and infotainment updates. The amount of updates practically every module on the cars have had at this point is considerable, they've done a good job of sorting the issues - the cars should just never have gone into production with them 😂
I am living with the SOS issue on my Ateca till the next service and hopefully most up to date updates. I have read of folks on various forums making several trips to dealers with hardware change outs and still having issues. No wonder the CEO of VW was sacked last November. Cars should not have left factory with known faults

I am living with the SOS issue on my Ateca till the next service and hopefully most up to date updates. I have read of folks on various forums making several trips to dealers with hardware change outs and still having issues. No wonder the CEO of VW was sacked last November. Cars should not have left factory with known faults
0837 has just been released for your car so make sure you end up with that (or newer) on your Infotainment unit when it goes in

You won't be able to see the telematics update unless you check the existing software info via diagnostics

Reactions: Tell

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Seems to be a common problem.. Although in the end my garage didn't have to replace anything apparently(!), they had contact with Seat Technical and the issue for now seems to be resolved with the software updates alone.
I worry from reading other accounts that folks are wasting time having car in for hardware replacements when the issue is down to software.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members